Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Just like that (snap fingers)

..we are back home!


Time flies even when you are doing nothing, especially when you are enjoying yourself by doing nothing.

I gave my new digital camera a good run. I can't believe I haven't blogged about it! I bought it for myself after Martha Stewart snubbed me over her dumb scrapbook contest. I bought a Canon PowerShot A710 IS. It is little, and does pretty well for a point and shoot. I was getting tired of carrying around the 20D for small events. It sure does eat up batteries, but they are only AA's, so no big.

In other news....
My pile of laundry is very wide and very tall.
Our guinea pig is still alive after fending for herself for almost a week.
Something stinks in the house, we think it is in the kitchen.
I had a huge box of goodies from Bo Bunny Press waiting for me on my porch.
I had a few assignment in my e-mail inbox.
I am a few pounds heavier.
But...I am relaxed and refreshed. In spite of being in a modest back woods cabin, with nine kids. Helps that there were three other card-playin', butter-eatin' laugh-til-our-sides-hurt adults.

And tomorrow happens to be the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR THE KIDS!
I will report on that later.
Off to the laundry room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe i should go away for a few days ... do you think some goodness would appear on my doorstep and my inbox?!?! lol! as soon as i saw that first picture of the 9 kids ... i was tired just thinking about that many together. glad you had a relaxing weekend despite the volume of kids.
good luck with summer break too ... my kids are year-round, so we don't have any time off until august.

Anonymous said...

The scenery there looks GORGEOUS! Glad you got to get away for some R&R. I have to say that I'm impressed you're happy with your P&S. I have a little canon, too, for when I don't want to use the 20d, but it always frustrates me. One thing you might try is a rechargeable battery set, it will save you TONS in the end!!!