Tuesday, May 01, 2007

In my neighborhood, they have this walking group, where a bunch of us SAHM's meet, with our strollers spilling over with toddlers....and walk.

"Walk" is apparently a multi-faceted word. What I consider walking, was not what we did today. Maybe it is the fact that I am short and stubby, and the other ladies legs hit me at about my armpits. I had to literally jog to keep up with them on our morning jaunt.

I already feel it in my hind-end. Not a good thing, cause I know tomorrow it is going to feel much worse. That drop-the-soap-in-the-shower-groaning-to-pick-it-back-up worse.

And my toes hurt. I broke out the flip-flops, and I am in the process of growing calluses in my toe-crotch yet again. It's the same thing every spring...

On the business end, I am finishing up a project I was given by assignment from a magazine! It feels good to be back in the saddle, well, it would feel good, if my butt didn't hurt.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Toe crotch, bwahahahahahahahhaa. I have to admit, I can't wear flip-flops - my toe crotch rebels.

Lora3677 said...

LOL!! Hope your butt and toe crotch recover soon. HA!

Amy B. said...

I started walking a few weeks ago with a girl who is nine years younger than I. Nine years. She has three kids. How the heck did I get to be so old and why won't she slow down?

Anonymous said...

This is why one should wear flip flops all year. Seriously. Just keep them handy for sprinting (because yes, it IS 3:15 in the afternoon and I'm STILL in my pajamas, thank you very much) outside to pick up the mail. Then your toe-crotch (LOL!) callus never goes away! GREAT job on the walking, wish I had that where I live!