Saturday, March 01, 2008

Good-bye February!

No offense Mom, Brendan, and anyone else who has the unfortunate luck to celebrate a February birthday, but February stinks.

It is the dreariest, most depressing month.

It is so fickle. Good weather...bad weather...

Take this last week, we had a good couple of Spring-esque days. That glimmer of hope! Where you open all your windows, and think about packing away the Ice-Melt that has been sitting in your entryway for the past five months. It was so nice, I actually got the urge to go running! Of course, I sat down in front of the TV until that feeling passed...

But no. No sirree. Good weather is against February's code of ethics. A storm rolled in and blew that hope away. Rain is pelting on my windows. (Glad I didn't wash them.)

I think March will be nicer.

I have kind of a lot of scrappy deadlines. I have been in denial. I need to get cracking on them. In my scrappy deadline avoidance I got the girls room painted and finished. Nothing like a little home improvement to justify your denial. I would show you, but I am just too lazy to upload the pictures. And a little ghetto cleaning tip...you can put dirty blinds in your jetted tub to clean them. Just don't use Suave Body Wash as the "detergent." Unless you like bubbles. Everywhere.

I got the paint at Home Depot for anyone keeping tabs on the fiasco. It was great paint! Maybe not at thick as the Walmart Kilz brand, but it was mixed correctly and served to me with 100 percent less crappy attitude.

Worth the extra six bucks in my book.

Also worth my six bucks?
A butt-ton of Redbox movies to keep the kids entertained Monday, since they are out of school for some horsecrap Teacher Development day, on the day I really need to get my scrappy crap done.

Good thing Spongebob is up to some new antics.

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

the last few days here has been t-shirt and flip-flop weather ... and today was super windy and cold. i hate the tricks the weather plays! lol!

hope you get your scrapping stuff done! sorry to hear about monday. lol! my girls just got done with half-days for conference week ... when half the kids don't even have to have a conference anyways (if they're doing good). and i just realized that we only have 2 1/2 weeks until my girls go off track for a month ... darn year-round schooling that i love and hate all at the same time! lol!