Thursday, February 28, 2008

KONG Kones and other stuff.


I took the kids to the local Macey's, which is a grocery store here. They sell gigantuous ice cream cones. I thought it would be a good time. The kids hadn't been here before. And when they saw the size of these puppies, they were simultaneously amazed at the size and giddy at the possibility of a major afternoon sugar buzz.
Look how huge they are!

And I am happy to report they were not wasted. Each kid put their cone down. Mikayla got a regular sized cone. I don't know that she could have held that KONG kone on her own.

And since I could not for the life of me get the color right on this picture, I did what any good scrapbooker does...convert it to black and white.

The best thing about the KONG kones? They are $1.29. Cheapest entertainment around.

I am off to Home Depot to get paint. Thank you for all the suggestions!
I haven't set foot in Walmart since that post. I don't plan on it either.
Hopefully I will have room pictures by this weekend.

In scrappy news:
I am guest designing for a class designed and taught by Debbie Hodge over at NYC scraps. I have never taken an online class before. Let's be honest. The first official scrapbooking class I had attended was the one that I TAUGHT for Paperkuts Magazine in Ontario. Yep. Never taken a class.

I got to "take" the first online class that I helped Debbie with a few months ago. I just have to say, it was awesome. I didn't know that I could learn something from a class, I have been designing for so long, but Debbie combines design elements into her classes, with ideas for themes, and sketches for layouts. That girl is the whole package deal. I really enjoyed the class last time, and I am looking forward to this one. Last class I completed four! two-page layouts while following the class. I scrapped a huge stack of photos.

If you are interested, check it out.

I also have some home decor crud I have done for Quickutz that I need to just take pictures of and post. My Silhouette cuts vinyl, and I have been going nuts making my own monograms and quotes.

Fun stuff!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so going to get one, I had no idea that Macy's had those thanks for 411.

Anonymous said...

Don't post pictures of ginormous ice cream cones on your blog! I'm on WW for cripes sake lady! Geez.


PS - Now, I'm really hungry.

Sara said...

WOW! I SO want one right now...even though I'm frickin' COLD!! Those look SO YUMMMMMYY! Never seen them that big! (Keep it clean!!) LOL!

laura vegas said...

those are some huge ice cream cones! and how great that they're so cheap!

congrats on the guest-designing! i was never a class taker either ... in fact, the first class i ever taught was pretty much the closest i came to "taking". lol! and i remember my first expo teaching experience ... teaching YOUR designs! i knew you "back when"!

Kasey said...

I just showed Connor the cone photo and his eyes just lit up and he wants one. I told him we would have to go to Utah to get one.
Kasey