Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's all lies.

Sometimes as a paid scrapbooker, you have to rely on stock photography. Or more often for me, since I am cheap, I have to shoot my own stock photography. Like this:

I actually liked this one. I thought it was artistic. I have used it about six times now.

I needed photos of THE SUPERBOWL. For a Super Bowl product line. Now truth be told...we are not football fans. Sam played football in high school and college. I don't give a flying fig about football. I watched it occasionally when I was a teen, in segments, only because football players look pretty good in their tighty little spandex pants...with their calf muscles all bulged out. And the shoulder pads. But that soon lost its novelty, and besides that games were so incredibly long. And now, as a mom, I just look at the grass stains on the tighty little spandex pants,and all the knee injuries and shudder.

Needless to say, I had to shoot some posed and completely fake photos. I have resorted to this quite a few times, which makes me wonder if my kids are going to eventually need some sort of therapy when they lovingly peruse the family memory books later on in life. Full of fake memories.

"Hey, mom... when did we go to Disneyland?"
"Oh honey, we didn't."
"But, look! Here I am standing by Mickey Mouse!"
"Um, yeah...that is you at the video store, standing in front of a cardboard cut-out. Mommy needed Disney pictures."
"HEY! I don't remember that I used to play Lacrosse..."

Another lie.

So, here are all my boys and husband "watching" the big game. I believe it was July. Scrapbooking, as you know is all about "preserving our memories and traditions" whether they be fake or not. Right? Okay, more like creating layouts for the sake of a company that pays me to display product that I really have no personal interest in.
Besides the money.
I do have personal interest in the money. Especially when it takes me far, far away from the 1,000 inches of snow we got just last night.

And here they are lamenting a bad play/ref. call/player injury/grass stain/whatever. The director (me) told them to "pretend like something bad happened." They are pretty good little actors, no?

And here is one of the many layouts I did using my stock photography:

So there you have it.

The Superbowl at our house.
I don't even know who is playing.
But I am looking forward to a nap.

6 comments:

Alex said...

Nice to know i'm not the only one with books of fake memories. Or memories i wouldn't have had... like.. here we are at the winery... drinking water... LOL.

Anonymous said...

You are a liar!

laura vegas said...

this is too funny shaunte! the "fake memories"! maybe you should put some of that money away for some therapy down the road. lol! love how you used the photos though ... and that's all that matters, right!

Sara said...

Your family must love you lots to help you lie like that to your public!! LOL!! It goes to show that sometimes a little white lie is ok....especially when they PAY you!! The LO came out GREAT btw!!

Laura Mendoza said...

omg, those are REALLY good football photos (and I like the layout too!). You rock.

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL {love} those fake memories Shaunte!!! Great group of actors you have there!!!