Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day


Top Ten reasons that I love this guy:
10- I don't do well when I am tired. He is the official "put the kids to bed guy" I have usually lost all patience by that point, and he makes it fun for the kids. He is also the "get the kids up" guy, when he hasn't worked graveyards the night before. Same reason. I am grumpy. He isn't.

9- He eats everything I cook. Without complaint. Even that recent weight watcher friendly garbanzo bean thing. (shudder)

8- He has been known to fold laundry after I have gone to bed, when he is staying up watching TV. Nothing is prettier than folded laundry early the next morning.

7- He has always taken care of the trash. Or at least assigns the kids to take it out to the curb.

6- He is the official lawn mower. Or again, pays the boys to do it.

5- I handed all the bills off to him a few years ago when we had a "where did all the money go" arguement. He has done the bills ever since. Very nice for me.

4- He is handy with tools. He can fix most anything, be it electrical or motorized, or computer based, or in need of a screw or nail or bracket. <---hope that doesn't throw me into the p*rn category again. (snicker)

3- He gives awesome back rubs. And foot rubs. Knowing that I don't usually reciprocate. Feet kinda skeeve me.

2- There have been mornings where I have gone to bed not feeling well, and have woken up to a quiet house. He had woken the kids, gotten them ready for school (and even braided Shianne's hair) set Mikayla up with a movie, and let me sleep in. THAT, my friends, right there...is worth keeping him around. :)

1- He always makes me laugh.

Plus:
He lets me put my cold feet on him in bed.
He always gets the door for me.
He will run to the store whenever I ask.
He knows directions. I can be lost, and call him, and he is better than GPS.
He knows when I just need a nap. Or chocolate. Or both.

I am a lucky girl!

Happy Valentines Babe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got a keeper!

Sara said...

How sweet! What a great tribute--that should be a LO!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Anonymous said...

I am insanely jealous...is he for real? You ARE one lucky woman!

Anonymous said...

jgjhjhgj

Peg Graham said...

Dude! My Husband is exactly the same on all those points!!! Seriously...all of them! (That's why he's a 'keeper' too).