Monday, February 11, 2008

THE BIG! GUN

I am too darn lazy to edit these pictures, so they are pretty bad, but tell the story anyway.

One of the things I can't stand buying is adhesive. Designing for a few scrapbook companies, and getting a butt-ton of paper, stickers, embellishments, chipboard, ribbon...etc, leaves me buying my own adhesive, and pretty much that's it. Sometimes I have to verbally beat myself for being so ungrateful.

It still leaves me buying lots of adhesive.

There is a local chain here called Roberts Crafts that routinely runs a 40 percent off of one item deal. I have been known to load up all the kids, give them a few bills and have them 40 percent me up some adhesive refills. They are trained well.

I go through a lot of refills.

I finally caved, and bought THE BIG! GUN. The ATG gun was made for framing folks. The folks who take artwork and custom frame it with decorative mats.

It was a whole lot cheaper to go this way. The refills are less than three bucks a roll, and have roughly a billion times more adhesive than the craft store refills I have been blowing through.

I bought my gun at framing supplies. (http://www.framingsupplies.com/)<---blogger won't let me link for some reason.

Apparently they don't believe in BOXES at "Framing Supplies." Cause this is how my BIG! GUN came packaged:

There was a mailing label slapped on a huge old glob of plastic bubble wrap.
We unwrapped enough bubble wrap to safely enclose our van, and here is what was inside.

THE BIG! GUN and a case of adhesive. I am good to go now. And Mikayla has bubbles to pop.

Bonus!

Blogger is being a poop. I can't link, italicize like I like, or even spell check. I have so much more to say, but I am going to wait until at least spell check works, and I can look 37% more intelligent.

Later-

6 comments:

Sharyn said...

Let me know in a week how you like it. It's on my list, but the size of the thing scares me - probably because it's the same size as my work space.
But the reason that I consider it at all is because of the volume it hold...so I contradict myself.

laura vegas said...

that's too funny to get something packaged in bubble wrap! although i have heard that you can literally mail anything! lol! i gave my 14 month old daycare girlie some bubble wrap a few weeks ago ... kept her occupied for hours!

let us know how you like the gun! i hear great things about it ... it just seems like such a serious tool. lol!

All8 said...

Woo hoo, you're getting serious now.

Sara said...

I've had that on my wish list for awhile but not sure if I'd like how big it is. Looks a little awkward to handle... Can't wait to hear your review on it!!

Lora3677 said...

LOL!!! I LOVE my ATG... I can't believe it's taken you this long to cave and buy one. HA!! And.... they send their refills the same way.... Callie enjoys popping the bubbles, too... HAHA!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

love mine...and i was shocked it came like that too!