Thursday, October 27, 2011

Leaves, Candy, and Ideas.

Fall came to Utah a couple of weeks ago. We took a drive up the canyon, and the trees were ablaze with color!
We hit it perfectly!
Last year we missed the "mother nature show" by a couple of days, and we were disappointed by brown, dried up hideousness.
I swear, in Utah, Fall is one week long, Spring is one week long, Summer is about 7 weeks, and the rest of the 43 weeks in the year belong to Winter.
Sometimes I hate it here.
Except when I see pictures of giant spiders and cockroaches and chiggers than live in other parts of the country.
Those kinds of things DIE! here because of our winters.
Hey man, I am trying to be positive here.

Here are my kids:
My rear end was literally shoved into a bush, up against a tree for this shot.
The things I do...
Jayden took this next shot. Yep. I have my hair in a side braid.
It's a little "polygamist-y" but I don't have to blow it dry with the hairdryer.
Leaves me more time for Pinterest.
 I did a photo shoot the other day. The pictures looked like this:
 And this:
And this:

So I could do some layouts that looked like this:
And this:
See how I can add my own dangling banner thingies? 
I thought I was pretty cool to come up with that. It was, in fact, my only good idea this week. 
The rest of my ideas have been very stupid.
Like the one where I bought two ginormous Costco bags of the good kind of candy for Halloween.
The kind with Twix, and Almond Joy, and Snickers.
(All my favorites!)
Then the idea I had to open the bag.
Then the idea I had that I could trust myself to eat just a couple...
(Every 15 minutes!)
Then the idea I had to step on the scale this morning.
And still talk Sam into taking me out to lunch.
(Let's just say I didn't get a salad)
And to strip all the beds in the house to wash sheets.
(Slave to the laundry room.)
I told you I had a whole butt-load of bad ideas!

But...I have also pinned a lot of good ideas on Pinterest.
Including this quote I found.
I made it pretty, using a free digital kit from Kara Henry.
(Thanks Kara!)
Just like my recipe cards, you can click on this image, save it, and print it as a 4x6 photo for yourself, or a young woman in your life who could use a little wisdom.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!
Don't come to our house.
We are almost out of candy.

2 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

But your good ideas are really good :}
Love this quote, my daughter is 13 and I've been trying to explain why the "popular" girls are popular. This quote says it perfectly!

Mish086 said...

Awesome positive thinking metaphor for those bad apples....Love what you did with your photo shoot picture so awesome!
Michelle
ScrapbookingSOS.blogspot.com