Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am sorry for the frightening photo in the last post. I thought it was funny, but Sam said that is the stuff nightmares are made of.

My thought today is:

Who came up with the sound the dryer makes when a load is done? It has to be the RUDEST sound I have ever heard. And annoying. And truly, it makes me a little mad. I am going about my day, or watching a show, or on the phone--or simply lost in my own thoughts, and.......

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECKKKKKKKK! (cometakecareofmeRIGHTNOW)

Why didn't they put some type of a pretty chime in there? Something nice.

I hate that sound.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Oh, honey, whatever does he mean? That photo is fantastic! Really! Vintage Shaunte. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the rude dryer...
My dryer is running right now.
(When is it not?)
And I am prepared to hear that buzz in the next few minutes.
And i would agree it is awful.
Maybe if it said something like,
"You're beautiful and I really enjoy the time we spend together"
I would enjoy switching loads.
Probably not.
Now wait, I have an idea.
What if it could be rigged to dispense a cold diet coke at the end of the cycle?
I for one know I would be quicker to get to it. :)