Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I wish this day would just end already.


Today was a scorcher.

Ordinarily I would be camped out underneath the useless swamp cooler vent, thumbing through a magazine and waiting for the sun to go down so I don't have to chew my air...all the while cursing the fact that we don't have central air like normal folk.

But, with the whole remodel thing, WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE LUXURY OF A STUPID SWAMP COOLER. Truly, this day has been a suck-fest.

We have no electricity in the main level. And today, the plumbers came. Suddenly, we had no water. With the timely rain that flooded my entire kitchen, I have the pungent odor of molding towels wafting through the sweltering air. Add that to the infestation of flies, which I am CONVINCED are Satan's minions... seriously, I am sitting on the couch, holding a fly swatter, and a fly actually chose to LAND on my mother-freaking LIP!! My LIP!! WTH? Did it want me to kill it? Cause you can bet your left one that I chased that thing around and sent its butt smashing through its head with the swatter.

The plumbers stuck a ladder up in front of the fridge, blocking off my Mountain Dew supply. I think that was the last straw.

You know, we have had several people, friends and neighbors that have offered us assistance..."If you need anything at all, just holler." I am pretty sure that would not include me and my five kids showing up at the doorstep to relieve our bowels in their toilets. Even if we do bring our own toilet paper. There are some lines that just aren't meant to be crossed in society.

So it's been a crappy day.

No pun intended.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough day... hopefully the rest of the week will be a lot better!

Shantay said...

Awww...sorry the day was so bad. It will all be done in no time flat! Then you will have all kinds of space and a new studio!

Hang in there!! :)

Jennifer Sizemore said...

Aw, that really does sound like a suckfest day. I hope you got your Mt Dew before you killed every fly and plumber in the state.

Unknown said...

Oh girl!! YOu crack me up!
Sorry about the weather and all 'round crappiness that's happening right now.
Hopefully it'll all get better soon.

Anonymous said...

i thought of you today as i was passing through lehi on my way to pleasant grove. wish i would have known you needed a dew. i would have stopped at harts to get you one.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »