Wednesday, August 30, 2006

We love animals.


"Mom, when do you think that Fluffy will pass away?"

Totally cracked me up in that I-can't-laugh-out-loud-cause-he is-serious kind of way...cause what seven year old kid says "pass away"??!

" Well, Shayne, the pet store man told me guinea pigs live about five years, and we have had fluffy for a little over a year, so I guess another four years or so."

I am so not a pet person. My kids begged....I did the research. I did not need an animal with a life expectancy of more than five years. When the novelty wears off, it becomes mom's responsibility. Dogs-no. Cats-no. Hamsters--look too much like the mice that occasionally send me into cold sweats of FEAR. Fish-ideal, but been there, flushed that. Thus, the guinea pig.


"Why, honey?"

Thinking this will sprout into one of those touching, Hallmark moments.

"I was just thinking about other new pets we can have when Fluffy is done."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaunte,
That is one handsome boy you've got there! Your kids are really cute. My kids love our stupid dog -hey, maybe when Fluffy "passes away" Squire could "get lost" to your house and live forever. Good plan?
KD

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!!! TOOOOO funny. I so needed this laugh today!

Every month or so, one of my kidlets will ask me for a dog. And I think not just no, but hell no. I've got to clean up enough dog poop from the neighbors' dogs. So I SO get how you feel about not wanting a dog.

The cat is another story! ;)

Shantay said...

That is HILARIOUS!! The way kids minds work is so funny!

Come on now....get those kids a dog!! I have three...surely you could handle just one!!! Heheee!

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL! TOo funny!

Heather said...

ROFL. My kids are campaigning for a pet. I say "You have to take that up with Dad" . . .because he'll be the one dealing with it.

We had a period of 5 years straight with various hamsters. Oh the hamster tales I could tell! Thank goodness, the last one "passed away" in the last couple of months.