Tuesday, March 27, 2007

more? yes?





I have been up to my eyeballs in projects.

I just finished up ten layouts, with supply lists and instructions for one of my manufacturers. They will be on the Hobby Lobby website. (Don't walk.....RUN!!! heh, heh)

I am now working on six...yes, six ALTERED PROJECTS for another manufacturer. I hate altering things! There. I said it. I don't mind working on them, I just don't know what to do with them when I get them back. They just seem like such a waste to me...I don't care for cutesy, hand-crafted home decor. I did the whole tole painting thing in the early 90's. I guess they make good grandma gifts, eh?

So I am working with some mock-ups. Mock-ups are when the manufacturer does not have the actual material yet, because it is still being manufactured, but they still need display items made using the materials, so the designer gets computer printouts, and has to hand-cut the stickers or in this case, chipboard. It is a pain, but part of the job. I never thought I would appreciate stickers, though, and working with mock-ups makes you do just that.

I am exacto-ing some chipboard, and waiting for mod-podge to dry on another project. I have been hunched over my cutting mat for a while, and I sit up to stretch my back, and hear this faint ripping sound....

It looks like I mod-podged my boob to the counter.

I need to clarify, I was wearing a shirt...I don't often scrap in the nude.

Needless to say, my studio is a pit, there is mod-podge everywhere, and scraps, and empty water bottles, where Mountain Dew cans used to reside. As soon as I find out *if* I can share these projects, I will post them. Until then, I am leaving you with more Reagan and Reese. And maybe I can think of something witty to blog about tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww come on ---- you should try scrapbooking naked!!
hahahaha
That would be so hilarious! And when you do Call me!!! {I'll come buy and take pictures}..LOLROTF

Shantay said...

those babies are CUTE!!! and you are quite the photog!!

scrapbook naked...i am going to ignore that...NO ONE should do that!

Anonymous said...

The babies are ADORABLE!!!!

btw...can I quote you?
("I don't often scrap in the nude.") hehehehehe