Tuesday, March 20, 2007

So Cute.



I know I have mentioned before just how lucky I am to work with such good people in the scrapbooking industry.

I went to a crop this last Saturday at the Bo Bunny offices. Those girls put in so much effort for the crop, every detail was just perfect. It was a combined meeting/crop, and we were able to give input on the new product that will be coming out. I am especially excited for a particular tool...

They brought in Cafe Rio for dinner (my favorite) and provided snacks and drinks, as well as kits to scrap with. I finished TWO (2!!) 6x6 mini-albums that I am going to be giving for gifts, can't say too much because the recipients of said albums occasionally read the blog. Did I mention Lori, from Bo Bunny even made a fancy-schmancy cupcake tower ala Martha Stewart?! I was impressed!

Everyone who attended the crop was given one of the pictured Egg Jars. I can't even tell you how happy this jar makes me. It is big. Like milk-jug big, and the eggs *were* full of candy, until my field-rat children sniffed out the sugar and emptied them all.

I have the jar sitting in my living room, in my entry way, and sometimes during the day I go in there just to look at it. I think it makes me happy because I never keep frivolous, pretty things for myself. I usually make this stuff, and give it away.

I think of the thoughtfulness of those Bo Bunny girls, about the attention to detail, and going the extra mile...how important it made me feel. And I was thinking about all the opportunities I have in my life to make that kind of impression. About the birthday gifts that I quickly shove in a bag, no tissue, no card. About the school lunches I pack everyday for the kids, how hard would it be to make and tuck in a little note from the ROOM FULL of scraps that I own? The cookies I bake, I could always spare a plateful for a neighbor.

That is my goal for the year. To look for ways to make someone happy. Anyone else want to play?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, speaking as a mom who makes her kids eat school lunch, I'm impressed that you MAKE the lunches! ;) But I agree with your thoughts and hereby promise to do something truly thoughtful before week's end for each member of my family.

Anonymous said...

that is just the cutest jar! so bright and colorful! i've thought about tucking things in my kids lunches ... just never do it. a great idea though!

Anonymous said...

field rat children...bwahaha!!!!

(lovin' the bo bunny jar, too)

Wendy Lojik said...

You always make me HAPPY!
BEAUTIFUL!

Brandi Sue said...

I want to play! I always have great intensions and then never follow through. I buy the cards and never send them. That sort of thing!
Keep posting about making others happy, I need some inspiration to keep me motivated.
For example, I am going to make my mom happy by making a egg jar for my mom, that looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I make my kids eat home lunch too.
Even my High school and Jr. high school girls eat home lunch.
Bo bunny is so cute!!
Love it!