Saturday, March 10, 2007

Dear Mountain Dew-

It pains me to write this, but I feel that we have come to a point in our relationship where I must let go and move on.

The times we have shared are some of my fondest memories: the first tall icy glass in the hospital minutes after giving birth, the time when I laughed so hard you came spewing out of my nose, that all too brief summer when 7-11 re-invented you into a Slurpee...

I will always miss you. Nothing will complement my Chinese food more than you. I am not sure how I will survive my SAHM afternoons without your selfless yet vital shot of caffeine. I know that road-trips, crops, and long holiday parties at the in-laws will never be the same.

But alas, our time must come to an end.

Since our relationship went from being casual friends, to passionately committed partners, I have gained weight. You never minded, and that I will always appreciate. But I need to be with someone who will help me be better, and healthier.

It's not you....it's me.

Well, I guess it's a little you. You see, the final straw was your new hobby. I was patient the first time you crystallized and deposited yourself into my kidneys. I forgave you. But this time....

You know how the saying goes...."Once, shame on you, twice shame on me." Well, Dew, I guess I am tired of being shamed. My kidneys can't take being a rock tumbler.

I am sorry, I really, really am. I hope you understand.


Affectionately Yours,
Shaunte

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shaunte,

I feel used, so used. I got you through some down times and perked you up so that you get get through the days with a smile on your face. Am I to blame for your addictive personality flaw?

You enjoy your water knowing that I will be with someone else that loves me for me, the good and the bad.

Sincerely hurt,
Mt. Dew

Anonymous said...

lol...I'm giggling over your post and that anonymous comment above mine! wanted to wish you good luck in your endevour. As I am fighting the same give-up-the-soda battle...I feel your pain, chicky. GOOD LUCK!!!

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahahhahaha.

Part of my successful weight loss campaign was to drink only water and coffee (and the occasional glass of wine)

Anonymous said...

Laughed so hard I snorted!
Wendy Lojik Wendy

Shantay said...

Don't go cold turkey.....the headaches suck!! Good luck though!!