Friday, March 16, 2007

spoiled.


I would like to know, at what point did kids get so lazy, that they didn't even want to bother with sitting down on the sidewalk to play with sidewalk chalk.

Did you know they have Sidewalk PAINT SPRAYERS now? For that budding graffiti artist. And that rake claw thing? What is that?

When I was growing up, they didn't have sidewalk chalk. We sometimes used regular chalkboard chalk. And then my mom got mad at us and told us it was wasteful, and that she would never buy us chalk for our chalkboard again if we wasted it outside. I think a box of chalk set us back about 25 cents back then.

So I think we used rocks or our own blood.

4 comments:

Amy B. said...

hah! we used small pieces of gypsum stolen from the drywall in not quite finished parts of the house, carefully and painfully snatched from the doorway.

kids these days. ;)

Anonymous said...

We didn't even have sidewalks when I was a kid.

Sven

Anonymous said...

Shaunte, you are like my favorite person EVER. I actually choked on my lunch when I read the last line. We totally used rocks. Kids don't know how good they've got it!

Lora3677 said...

As a fairly new step mom... My first thoughts was "Cool!!! little c NEEDS that." HA!!