Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Two Words.

Kidney Stones.

I had some two years ago. I had forgotten the misery, until it started up again.

Much like when you forget labor pains, and remember it wasn't so bad....until it all comes back to you in full detail when it is happening again.

I am not going to call this batch the generic title of"Stones". I am quite sure they are crystallized Mountain Dew. For two years I have been tanking the caffeine, blissfully unaware of the growing concentrated masses I was creating.

Now angry and barb-like, they float in my bladder and stick in my kidneys.

Time to become BFF with water. And cranberries.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! I hope you can get them taken care of soon. My poison of choice is Pepsi, but I'm certain that my occassional feeble attempts at giving it up aren't keeping me away from the future-kidney-stones-of-America club.

Anyway. Hope you're better soon!

Mimi said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch. I've heard lemon juice not cranberry juice for Kidney Stones.

Hugs, get better soon.

Anonymous said...

crystalized mountain dew! lol! seriously ... hope you feel better! i love my water ice cold ... put a bottle in the freezer until it gets a little icy, then squeeze the bottle and you have yourself little ice chips all in there.

Amy B. said...

owie! you poor thing! take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! I had kidney stones while pregnant with Ava. (Nothing like being in the hospital on heavy narcotics while you are pregnant.) It was the worst kind of hell and wouldn't wish them on anyone. My ginormous stone took me 4 months to pass and would rear its ugly head every few weeks or so.

I hope your gem passes soon.