Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to "our" normal.

We put all the holiday crud away last night.
I couldn't take it anymore.
I am proud of myself, most years the stuff comes down 12/26.
How can it be that every year we need a new Tupperware tote?
I really didn't think I collected all that much this year.
Could be my packing skills.
I was in such a hurry to get it all stuffed back into the crawl space, that I literally shoved everything into the bins.
Note to self: Buy super glue for next Christmas.

I think we are finishing up on the sickness here.
Mikayla is better. (mostly)
I feel better.
Shayne is better.
Sam, who thought he was coming down with it said he feels good today.
I am knocking on...well, Formica.

Yesterday I edited photos all day.
I pick them up today.
I still need to finish 30 layouts and projects by the 2nd.
I have done ten already.

The kids have been doing their part to leave me extra studio time.
Santa brought them huge boxes of cereal to live on.
And a box of oranges.
Plus, they have been wearing the same footed pajamas for days!
Team players, I tell ya.

I looked up how many WW points my homemade almond roca was.
The almond roca that I have been eating like a starving person, handfuls at a time, so much that my teeth hurt.
Oh man, it is gooooooood.
Five points.
FIVE!
A piece!
Awesome.

January will be very sweaty and hungry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so with you. January is going to stink.

laura vegas said...

i just now finished taking down the christmas stuff today. and same thing ... it didn't fit in the boxes it came out of. lol! and i didn't get anything new this year. go figure!

sending you some scrappin mojo for your assignments! 30 is a lot to do in less than a week ... but i have faith in you, my friend. i know you can do it!

Cori Henderson said...

You are good. I always wait till New Years day to take down the Christmas stuff. I am sick of having it up, but I can't get the energy to take it all down. Such a pain. I know what you mean, I have been eating like a pig and all the wrong things. I am so going to pump class every time in January, if I can still fit into my workout clothes.

Julia Sandvoss said...

Ha..I thought I was the only one who has to buy a new container every year! I agree on the stuffing it all away..aaahhh! Drives me crazy! No wonder why every Xmas we seem to have more broken ornaments!LOL Glad you guys had a good holiday!