Thursday, January 01, 2009

Hair today...gone tomorrow.

That is the worst blog title ever.
I am a little distracted, and can't think of a better one right now.
I poured myself a bowl of cereal, and there is no milk in the fridge.
Therefore I am eating Quaker Oat Crunch out of a bowl, without milk.
Not going down well.
Kinda scratchy.
So you get what you get with the blog title, okay?

This is not to distract from the major event of yesterday.
My nine year old, Shianne, bobbed her hair off.
She donated 11" of hair to Locks of Love.
She has never had a haircut, besides the occasional trim, oh, and the one time, when her twin brother went to town on her with his Crayola Little Me Safety scissors.
Here is her before:

At the Salon:

During:




A super craptastic "after", of the back of her head.
She slept over at Grandma's house last night, but I expect that we will do a good "after" photo shoot in the very near future.

She looks older somehow, and she has been flipping her hair around, and generally acting a little sassier.
She has been wanting to cut it for a while now, and is very happy with the end result. I am excited too, the length she was at was getting hard to manage.
I think it will be a good change for a New! Year!

Speaking of...did you know Dick Clark was still alive?
Holy nuts.
He looks like a wax statue from Madame Tussuad's.
But only if the wax was kinda melty and trying to talk.
Poor guy!
I miss him hosting my stay-at-home New Years Celebration already.
Ryan Seacrest bugs.
I miss Bob Barker on the Price is Right too.

Okay, I really need some milk.
I guess I will have to wash this cereal down with some diet A&W.
Happy freaking New Year.

7 comments:

Wendy Lojik said...

Happy New Year!

Deneen said...

Happy New Year my friend! Love the hair cut too cute on her.

laura vegas said...

she looks adorable with her shorter hair ... even if i'm only seeing the back. lol! and i'm sure she'll love having less tangles! hope you had a great new years! hope you're getting all your assignments done too!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I love her hair. Tell her it looks darling.
Miss you guys. Hope you are doing good.

Judi said...

What an adorable girl!
Cute new do too!
Have a great New Year...

All8 said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like it's off to a fun start.

Kasey said...

Her hair looks great. What a nice thing to do. OMG You make me laugh so hard. Wish you lived here. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow night at Peg's. Call Wendy's cell phone!!!