Wednesday, January 28, 2009

CHA recap.

This last week I ended up going with my best travelling friend Wendy to CHA--the big trade show for craft and hobby. They hold the trade show twice a year, and usually in different locations. This show was in Anaheim.
It was warm.
There was this big flaming ball of heat in the sky. THE SUN! Oh yes, the sun...forgot about that thing in this frozen wasteland I call home.
Here is Wendy and myself at the doors of the convention center. Don't you mind that I look like a linebacker.

Here is the convention center. It was packed with many booths.

And just to prove that not all crafters are middle-aged housewives...we get a few hip and happenin' scrappers. (besides me) This was at the registration desk.

Of course we also have our share of um...unique individuals.
I am not 100 percent sure what was going on here.

There are all kinds of booths at CHA.
Not just scrapbooking.
Here was an interesting booth featuring feathers. Boas, and other feathery things. I kinda wanted to roll around on the floor for a minute or two.

There was this booth too.
Chock full 'o shells.
In case you wanted to decorate, uh...I am drawing a blank here.
But it sure was a lot of shells.

Not exactly sure about what was going on here either, but it was shiny and glittery and I blacked out for a minute as my inner-squirrel took over.

For those crafters who run out of scrapbook pages, or walls in their trailer park, this lady is sporting the latest in clothing decor. I am sure this will catch on. You know where you saw it first! You're welcome.

Speaking of catching something...guess who released their own scrapbook product line?
Paris Hilton.
That is right.
And if Paris makes you think of garish rhinestoned dogs and glossy cheapness, then you have her product line pretty much NAILED.
I didn't meet her personally, so the photos are grainy and crappy.
Her booth:

The goods:

Paris herself:

I did, however, meet Jane Seymour, who was delightful with her beauty and accent.
She was there painting, and was very sweet.
I refrained from yelling "Hide the PENNIES!" to her, which is funny if you have seen her movie "Somewhere in Time", and if you haven't...just move along, cause that made no sense to you, and it would take too long for me to explain it.



Let's move along to a whole bunch of shots of the projects I did for the show, for my manufacturers:
This first one is a Quickutz layout in their booth. This one is especially for Shay, since I used a photo of her twins. There are a couple of my cards too.

Another Quickutz layout:

And a layout and cards, still Quickutz.

Moving over to the Karen Foster booth, there were two ginormous ads featuring my projects.


I loaded these photos out of order, but here are some of my layouts in the Core'dinations cardstock booth:

And some more Karen Foster stuff. This layout, is the layout I made from the Mechanic photo shoot. Remember that one? I thought you did...

Oh wait, what is this? On day two of CHA, the same lady wore yet another pimped out, blinged up outfit. Who can compete with that? Someone call Martha. Stat!

On the second day, Wendy and I really got into the make and takes. This is where the manufacturers let you make projects to sample their new product or tools. It has been so long since I have put something together that someone else designed.
It was delightful.
Kinda like when someone else cooks you dinner, and all you have to do is shovel it into your mouth.
I came home with some cute projects!


I also tried a new craft.
Beading.
I loved it.
Here is Wendy digging through the beads to create her bracelet:

I made a really cute bracelet too.
I am not going to show you, cause I am a beading novice, and I may have beading professionals in my reading pool!
Maybe my cute is a professional ugly cause I don't know what I am doing, ya know? Case in point: this lady thinks her pants are cute.

Enough said.
We also attended the Two Peas in a Bucket cupcake social.
Two Peas is a scrapbooking online community that I have been a part of since 2002.
It was fun to meet people that I have chatted with online, in real life.
It was even awesome-er to eat the cupcakes.

They weren't Betty Crocker.
They were good.
Let's look closer:

I inhaled mine.
It was mocha creme. With an accent on the creme part.
Then I was up all night.
All hopped up on sugar, and uh, whatever mocha is...
Then, we flew home.
Made the flight without any incident.

There is still a lot of snow here.
And kids.

The end.

12 comments:

laura vegas said...

this was a great recap! those photos of the "other" booths are hilarious. feathers, shells ... who knew?!?! and love that you got photos of your projects in the booths ... you were over the place! i'm still trying to hunt down any photos of my stuff. lol! glad you had fun in our sunny state!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

You are so talented. That is awesome..

Looks like you had fun.

7packofbearss said...

Shaunte, you are hilarious. You make me laugh!

Deneen said...

Thanks for sharing some fun from the dream land of CHA (oh wait some day I will get to go LOL). Love all your fun layouts and cards and projects but then again I am one of your biggest fans LOL.

Shortcake and Company said...

Great laughs today. I love your blog for that.

Mimi said...

What a great recap.

I'm embarassed that I'm wearing my blinged out jeans, bwahahhaahahahahhahaha.

And, somehow, I think I'll skip the Paris Hilton line.

Kim said...

Man-- theoretically we share at least part of a genetic pool, but I think, as you were born first, that you stole all of the artistic genes out of it.

Jenn said...

I am suprised you came home, with Jane, Paris and "Crafty Pants" as your new BFF's!! HAHA! Looks like you had a fun time!!

Anonymous said...

Laura pointed me to your blog, and I just laughed and laughed at this post. Thanks! I didn't get to go to CHA so I was feeling quite sorry for myself. Seeing the bling lady with the "pants" made me feel much better :) Love your projects - that must have felt really good to see them on display!

Lisa said...

I have to ask, was the "fashion queen" stalking you or was it the other way around. I can't believe you ran into her so many times...of course, who could miss her? Thanks for all the pics...lets me know what I missed. Hope to get to CHA one day.

Anonymous said...

This was my first time visiting your blog & I just have to let you know that I almost fell out of my cmptr chair because I was laughing so hard about your beading skills and the crazy pants lady.

Kasey said...

Don't like to everyone that you have the same pants and was upset that you forgot them at home..LOL Looks like a fun time and the cupcakes looked really good.