Sunday, January 04, 2009

The last day of vacation from school.

Junior High is killing me.

All of a sudden, (7:06 pm sunday night) Jayden has a million projects that are due by...oh yeah! Tomorrow!
Please shoot me before I kill him.

He is giving me 1,000 excuses why it is "not his fault" that these assignments weren't worked on/finished during the past two weeks.

You know...the past two weeks where he has been doing nothing at all but eating sugar and generally terrorizing his siblings.

We had a nice long talk about not making excuses, owning your choices, and taking responsibility for (and hopefully learning something) from the bad ones. There was also a BONUS! side lecture on procrastination.

The whole parenting thing...it's not that fun sometimes.

It IS fun, however, to send them back to school...

8 comments:

All8 said...

My 11-12 yr old DS had a bunch of assignments to do for Jr. High too. But he did "try" to work on them during vacation, but he "needed" somebody's help (yeah, right). Boys!

Anonymous said...

Yes very fun. I've been counting it down for 10 days now.

laura vegas said...

i feel the need to check with MY jr higher now ... wonder if she has anything due tuesday when they go back. lol!

and can you please copy and paste that lecture on procrastination over to me ... I could use a big lecture like that for myself. lol! i'm such a procrastinator!

jody said...

Amen, sister!

Kim said...

What I want to know is what kind of teacher sends kids home with stuff to do over Christmas break anyway? Are there any kids out there dorky enough to want to spend their break doing book reports? Have some common sense and a little mercy out there teachers! (Mostly on us parents.)

Anonymous said...

My oldest one always waited until the last minute and it drove me crazy then came my middle one who some times waits till the last minute and last but not least are my twins who thank heavens so far are little over achievers and have to do everything right when they get it. The worst is when one of the four gems decides to let me know at 9:00 pm that they need a new binder or some other item for the next day. Gotta love them!

7packofbearss said...

I use to wonder who could have written that part in the song that says "Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again!" Now I know. All of the parents around the world have the same feelings. I didn't even check for homework. I just sent them back anyways.

islandgirl said...

Yeah, we had the freak out over the grades thing this week too! All with threats of cellphones being taken away, etc. I've now gone into powerschool, and am getting an update for each and every class EVERY day, so that way if she misses an assignment, I can catch it right away, not months later like I discovered this week.