Sunday, December 07, 2008

A picture diary.

Looks like my posts have been pretty text-heavy for the past few weeks.
So here are some photos of the latest happenings:
First up.
My friend and gym buddy PONICA <----that is a link, in case you haven't been following the blog long...
Ponica has three kids. Her youngest is a daughter. She is a cute little turd, and she is little.
This picture was taken the other night when they were over at our house.

Can you see what the Daughter of Ponica chose to play with?
Hand-weights.
Yep.
She is clearly Ponica's child.
I think that blood is thicker than water. Or so the saying goes.
I needed some new pictures for an assignment.
This was the best I could do.
Indoor, at about 10:00 at night, with a flash.
Pretty craptastic, but it appears as if my girls actually like each other?
Weirdness.

Sam's dad owns a bowling center.
Sam and his dad have been working all summer long on getting everything ready to build a new center. In our town! YAY!
The past few weeks, they have broken ground on the new center.
The kids like to help, where they can.
It helps that my dad is the contractor for the project.
He doesn't think the kids are too pesky.
Yet.

Before you are too impressed with my boys, please note that what they are carrying is not plywood or Masonite.
It is foam.
Let my five year old daughter demonstrate:

Of course, she has been working out with Ponica's daughter.
Project?
Okay. Most of the stuff I have been working on I can't even share yet. Some of it has been for a book deal for Memory Makers Magazine. Oooooo!
Remember that I am HUGE in Europe? Yeah, I thought so.
But here is a little somethin' sporting some Core'dinations cardstock, and some Quickutz Silhouette shapes.

Those photos are old ones.
Mikayla is I think three there.
Here she is this afternoon:

This weekend, I met up with some friends and had lunch.
Some of them pictured are my online scrapping friends. It was pretty cool to meet them in real life.
Laura and Deneen came to Utah from California.
Just to go to lunch with me!
Right guys?
It had nothing to do with the free Utah trip they won from Creating Keepsakes...

Thank you for letting me steal the photos too.

We also did some warehouse shopping while they were here.
I only got us lost once trying to find the warehouse.
Those California girls were dying to see the industrial areas of Utah anyway...
I didn't need anything, but still managed to blow through $80.00.
It felt darn good to get out.
I need to do that more often.
(If you ever want to go to lunch...have your people call my people! I'm totally in.)
And other randomness with no photos:
(You are welcome.)
My laundry on Thursday was piled up. I bet it was at least 20 loads.
I am happy to report that it is finished.
There have been no signs of additional house guests.
I hit a pretty good clearance rack at Kohls, and got Shianne a darling outfit. I will probably need to take a picture of this one.
I had a $10.00 gift card (free from my last Kohls purchase) and after a teeny bit of flirting with the little cash register guy, I got an additional 30% off.
Picked up:
A plaid mini-skirt.
A long-sleeved shirt to match.
Pants for Mikayla.
Shirt for Mikayla.
All for $9.09

Love me a good bargain.
And minus the pretty standard stuff like highly-nutritional and tasty meals, educationally stimulating family activities, and intense personal scripture study, you should feel caught up with life at the Wadley Asylum.

7 comments:

Judi said...

Hey I'll do lunch with you any day!
but only if you wear your sparkly silver shoes!!

Deneen said...

Yes Shaunte you are correct I came to Utah just to have lunch with you and for the industrial tour LOL or my new favorite saying Oh my heck! I had a great time and appreciate you taking us to the cool sales! Now it's your turn to head to California for lunch.

Unknown said...

I'm with you about the bargain thing- must be genetic. We're the only family in the world who will be more impressed with a gift if you tell us that you got it for cheap.

Jenn said...

baby "pon" that is so cute!! HAHA

Penny said...

Your daughters look just like you. Those eyes are gorgeous!

laura vegas said...

love all the randomness of this post! can't wait to see some of what you've been working on. doing some work on a book ... huge congrats on that! and that owl layout is adorable! i feel honored that you would steal photos from my blog. lol! and had so much fun hanging out and getting to meet you IRL!

Unknown said...

Hey, let me know when that book comes out, I want it, I need it give it to me now now now!!!
Ha ha