Monday, December 22, 2008

So you think you are done...

...and then a random neighbor from around the block comes over with a gift.

I am in that frantic mode...the one where you wonder if you have under-purchased for one of the kids.
Or forgotten someone.
And then you start second-guessing ALL of the gifts you have socked away in the closet.

Sigh.

CHA (a scrapbook trade show) is right around the corner, and I have 41 layouts and projects to be completed before Jan 12th. That'll make me sleep good at night, yes? Having a butt-ton of assignments hanging over my head during the holidays.

I am also coming down with a cold.
Sore throat on one side, and stuffy-head achy head.

I do love me some Nyquil though.

On the agenda for today:
Update blog. (check!)
The annual! family! Candy-Day!

This is a tradition we did growing up in my house.
Everyone in the family takes a holiday treat recipe and makes it.
I even remember my Dad mixing up some rice-krispie squares.

My kids love it, and they are all old enough to make a lot of the recipes.
We will be making:

Cake Balls
Divinity
Orangecicle Fudge
Chocolate Fudge
Caramels
Rice Krispie Squares

Maybe the having a cold thing is a good idea.
If I can't taste anything, maybe I will be less inclined to eat it.

Hoping you have a Merry Christmas!
Wishing you confidence in your gift-giving, good treats on your table, and clear nasal passages!

7 comments:

laura vegas said...

i'm the same way. my neighbor gave us a gift ... so now i feel like i have to get her one too. and i think i have more gifts for sarah than i do for alyssa. and after wrapping everything ... i started thinking i had too much ... so i actually UNWRAPPED presents and took a few back. lol!

41 projects ... that's huge! now my number doesn't seem so bad. lol! sending you lots of scrapping luck!

Mag Family said...

I hope I wasn't that neighbor. I just made extra and thought of you. We are also having stress aobut the gifts. I hate when a child wants something for 6 months and then you buy it. And a week before Christmas they want something else.

Deneen said...

Here's to some nasal relief and some uninterupted scrap time! Cheers and don't forget to just take each day and enjoy life.

Lora3677 said...

oh i love cake balls... i made last week and they are almost gone... HA!... I did give over 3 dozen of them away, though. :)

Kim said...

Seriously, it's not helping that we're snowed in today. Guess who put off buying groceries until today? My big plan was to get groceries in the morning and bake like a mad woman all day. Instead, I made the kids scrub the house, and now we're going to watch Prince Caspian. Who needs peanut butter blossoms anyway???

Cori Henderson said...

I know what you mean. Want to make a pact that I won't get you anything if you don't get me anything? Works great. Wanna try it???

Anonymous said...

I didn't give out any gifts to friends this year...just 5 Teachers, 1 OT, 2 Speech and 1 Home Health Nurse...that was plenty for us.

I figure, I can always plate up some cookies or bake up some easy pumpkin bread if I get any unexpected gifts. Homemade gifts are nicest. I think next year I will make a plethora of ornaments and box those up, wrap them and have them ready for unexpected gifts and friends.

Hope you feel better!
smooches-Peg

p.s.- 41 projects? Woah!