Tuesday, November 06, 2007

avoiding work


I really, really need to clean my studio today.

I have been avoiding it. And I have a couple deadlines I need to work on, but can't even find a 12x12 space in which to scrap.

Yesterday I started cleaning, and then flitted off to Target, Ross and Walmart. So good at avoiding...And also because after we showered I told Mikayla (remember this girl is four) to go get herself dressed for the day. She came back up twenty minutes later naked.

"Honey, where are your clothes?"
"Well, Mom. (heavy disgust in her voice) When we run errands today we need to buy me some new clothes, cause I have been looking, and I don't have a damn thing to wear."

She gets that potty-mouth from her father...

But I got some great deals!

A Halloween costume for Shianne for next year. Some skanky Punk Rock Princess thing for $4.99. I got two new bra's for $4.99 each. A new pair of jeans, and yes...a couple outfits for the apparel deprived toddler. That's the thing about shopping. You get deals when you aren't looking for them. Like the bra's...I have been looking forever, and finally paid full price for one a while back. Then today, at Target, I had time to browse all the clearance end caps and found two good ones for cheap.

If I didn't hate shopping so much I could probably find deals all the time. I hate shopping!

But I like shopping a whole lot more than cleaning my studio.

7 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

yup, i'm about shopped out for sure...we got a few dress up halloween outfits on clearance for my dd this am...i hate shopping, but i hate laundry more!

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahahahahahaa, she's so cute!

Good shopping. Somehow, even though my scrap area is a mess, I buy more stuff all the time. Sigh.

Mickey Family said...

That is hilarious! Mikayla is going to be a crap up just like her mom! ;)

Anonymous said...

I took Carson clothes shopping too...she rocked Gymboree the other day and then Target yesterday. I am not a shopping lover, either...heck, I'm having a difficult time starting my online Christmas shopping today...urgh!

Alex said...

ROFL Mikayla rocks!

Hey i'm going shopping today to avoid work too! LOL

Dawn Knapp said...

Hi Shaunte...I just found your blog and after reading alot of your posts I hafta say that I love your sense of humor! Alot like mine. I've posted a link from my blog to yours so I'll be checking in on you for a chuckle! =)

Vee said...

i love a bargain!! way to go,lol at your dd. :)