Friday, November 09, 2007

nothing to report today.

I figure I have left all ten of you loyal readers with nothing since Tuesday, so I better at least make an appearance over here, even if there is nothing exciting or blog worthy to report.

Sam went out of town this weekend. He went to Mesquite. Why? you ask? I am not sure. I know he told me at one time...and I heard "Blah, blah, blah, GONE, blah, blah."

The "gone" part was all that stuck.

And then my mind raced at the thought of being thrown to the wolves all by myself, I wouldn't do well being a single parent. Hat's off to those of you out there who take the kids on by yourself. I would be a raging alcoholic.

Every time he leaves we have some health catastrophe. Once I got gallstones. Usually its the kids though. An emergency room visit, or like this time, just the Croup. I spent two nights sitting outside on the porch with Mikayla praying for her to get enough oxygen to turn her lips back to pink. That was Sunday night and Monday night. Then Tuesday she woke up vomiting.

Wednesday, I got that flu.

I think the Lord does that, so that I miss Sam, and I am so, so, so grateful to have him home again.

Since I had all that fun this week, I was backed up on a couple of deadlines, and scrapped all day yesterday to get it all done.

That is why I haven't been around.

And I realized how addicted I am to Craisins. I finished the bag Saturday, and I have been craving something all week. You know how you open the pantry and look, and then open the fridge and look, and the cupboards...and nothing looks good, but you want something...

It's Craisins.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey woman...glad you are feeling better...McK too. Want some craisin recipes?

Now...See why I love my husband working in the house? (I love his job!I love his job!I love his job!)

Hang in there.

Alex said...

Oh man... this does not make me feel better about bob leaving for a week on sunday. I hope you guys feel better soon!! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Craisin Orange Muffins

1 whole orange
1/2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. craisins
1 egg
1/2 c. margerine
1 1/2 c. flour (sifted)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 c. sugar
1 scant tsp. salt

Cut orange into 1/4s and remove any seeds. Blend with orange juice in the blender. Add craisins, egg, margarine, and blend briefly. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Pour blender ingredients over the wet in the bowl. Mix until moist. Pour into lined muffin tins.
Bake @ 400 for 15 minutes.

Yield: 1 dozen
=============================
Holiday Chicken Salad

3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups craisins (sweetened dried cranberries)
1 cup chopped celery
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
4 cups cooked and cubed chicken

In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise with paprika, seasoned salt and pepper. Blend in craisins, celery, bell pepper, onion, and nuts. Add chopped chicken, and mix well. Chill 1 hour. Serve on a bed of lettuce or as sandwich filling.

Makes 12 servings.
==========================
Oatmeal-Craisin Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups quick cooking oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried cranberries

Beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla for 5 minutes. In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time.
Mix in raisins and craisins.
Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees.

These freeze very well. Enjoy!!

Monica said...

man thats one heck of a week.
and you know, you might be right. it could be the craisins. i do that little routine in my kitchen almost every dang day.

hope everyone is better soon.

Mimi said...

Craisins are good, true.

I'm glad Sam is home. I bet not as glad as you, though.

Sara said...

Glad you're all feeling better. Can't wait to see the results of your all day scrapping fest!

All8 said...

Sam's Club sells a 48oz bags of Craisins. They're around $7. I like to put Craisins in my oatmeal with walnuts, a little butter and 1/2 & 1/2. MMMMMMMmmmmmm. Thanks Peg for the recipes, they look great!

So glad that Sam came home to rescue you!!I HATE the croup. Pip had to be hospitalized for it once. Never again!!!

Lee Weber said...

hope things are better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Shauntae...I hate weeks like yours! I hope everyone continues to improve. And you get some sleep! I am giggling about the craisins thing, as my toddler has discovered them and thinks they're AWESOME. As long as I call them fruit snacks instead of craisins, he's good! Anyway. Thanks to Peg for the Craisins recipes!