Saturday, November 03, 2007

my new purse

Sorry if I haven't been around lately, I have been too busy caressing the lime green faux suede skin of my new lover. You know how when something is so perfect, you are afraid of losing it? And perhaps even using it? Okay, maybe that's just me. I want to order another one of these things, and store it in the closet in case something happens to the original purse...just for the peace of mind.

Here is the first pocket. Perfect easy access for my cell phone! Check out the handy pen loops. And the convenient zippered mesh pocket for change and debit cards. Do I sound like a JC Penney catalog yet?

Next up we have what I bought the purse for. A couple of months ago, I got the Karen Foster Memory Planner. This thing has literally changed my life. Every night, before I go to bed, I write down everything I need to do the next day in this planner. Since I have been "mind dumping" I sleep better, and I don't feel so scatterbrained. I don't have that anxiety of "missing something" and I don't forget things anymore. Plus, this planner has a whole section for scrapbooking. If I am in the car while Sam is driving, and I see a cool, inspiring billboard, I can sketch it out in the planner. It is bulky, however, and I wanted a purse that would accommodate it. Look how pretty! And front pockets for my iPod, a small notebook, and a card game. Really handy to have a card game, in case you are say, stranded in an airport overnight.
And behind the planner, I have a nail kit, and a first aid kit. You know, in case we get snowed in, while in the car, and I have the hankering for a manicure.

Then we flip the purse over to the other side of the bag. YES! This is the SAME BAG! I have my Burts Bees, some hand sanitizer, some lotion, and misc. crap. All zipped into a waterproof snap pouch. There is room for my George Costanza wallet, my point and shoot camera, and some handy elastic holders for packs of gum, and weight watcher treats. Or something.

Here it is all laid out and unzipped. Like a super-awesome Transformer. My whole life in a bag. Minus family, although they might fit in there too...

So that's my cool green purse.

Since Sam worked graveyards last night, it slept by me, on his pillow.

In other news...down another pound at weigh-in today. I got another five-pound star. I am down eleven pounds total!

Unless I carry the purse.

12 comments:

Alex said...

I... must... have.... one...

Janet O. said...

aw CRAP, and I just BOUGHT a purse...thanks a lot :)

Sara said...

If it comes in pink I am SO buying this...although it's such a COOL multi-functional bag I just might buy it ANYWAY!! Oh yeah I just might have to buy that planner too! This is SO not what I needed since I SWORE I wouldn't use my credit card this month but you certainly "SOLD" it to me!! I blame you for my spending spree!! LOL!!

Sara said...

Sorry...me again...not to sound like a stalker or anything but what is this listed under at Joann's? I can't find it listed under bag, purse,tote...am I as confused as I feel???? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

...and this is WHY Peg is also buying this wicked awesome major league purse (Thanks Alexis for the enabling...)and you too Shaunte...for the Vanna White contents display. Rock on!

Mimi said...

Where??????? I want one!

Unknown said...

Needs more BACON!

Laura said...

OOOOOHHHH... I so want one.... You are too funny! I'm going to check out the planner too.... Good stuff!

Lee Weber said...

how much does that thing weigh when fully loaded ?!? I love it- what a gret buy!

glenni said...

whoa, you could live out of that bag!

glenni said...

and a gigantic wohooooooo on the 11 lbs!!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to tell you that I have thought of nothing else but this bag all week and I want it desperately! But I need to know - do the straps go over your shoulder? I have gone to 4 Joann's but none of them have them in stock. Thanks for your help!