Saturday, November 17, 2007

weigh in day

Down 2.6 pounds. YAY!! I am 1.4 pounds away from a Goal Weight KEY CHAIN, baby!

Today they talked about surviving the feast that is Thanksgiving, without going all hog wild, and they gave a handout with point breakdowns and portion sizes for all of your more traditional Thanksgiving foods.

2 oz. Turkey= 2 points
Stuffing 1/2 c.= 4 points
Gravy 1/4 c.=2 points (1/4c.????? I usually need about a cup, but whatever)
Pumpkin Pie (this killed me) 1 slice= 9 points!

I am on board with this. These are traditional foods. And then....there is....

Fruit Cocktail, 1 c.=2 points

Now I ask you...
Fruit Cocktail? Who in the...

Does anyone really just open up a can of Del Monte and stick a serving spoon in it?
Really?

Fruit cocktail always reminds me of school lunch. The lunch ladies would slop that crap into one of the sectioned squares in the green lunch tray and feel all warm and fuzzy about all the children getting their daily serving of fruit.

I think there was like one maraschino cherry in each number ten can, and the rest were those gritty pears.

Fruit cocktail for Thanksgiving.

Another reason to be glad that I am going to be in Mexico.

4 comments:

All8 said...

Woo, Hoo, a Goal Weight KEY CHAIN. That's better than bling. You'd better be flashing that thing off! You're doing great!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to hear more about your Mexico trip. Since I don't ever get to travel farther that Idaho or Wy.( only states that boarder Utah). I can live through your vacations. Congrates on the Weight loss that should be worth another gold star for you book mark too!!!

Wendy Lojik said...

You go girl!

Mimi said...

Congratulations on the key chain! Whohooooooo!