Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gag.

Remember when I went to camp?

And when I left, like I always do, I cleaned the house up.
I did leave laundry.
I knew I would have a lot of that when I got back, and that was okay.
I cleaned everything else though.
I have this thing with not wanting to come home from vacation to a dirty house.
My Mom always did that too.
She was always sleep deprived going into vacation, cause she stayed up so late the night before spit-shining the house.
I think perhaps subconsciously, we are thinking that if we DIE on a trip, at least the relatives combing through what we left behind won't be appalled at the state of our non-vacuumed carpets? Maybe??
Anyway...
I left half of a dishwasher full of dirty dishes. There wasn't enough to run the load.
I came home to THE SAME STINKY DISHWASHER AND AN OVERFLOWING SINK FULL OF DIRTY DISHES.
The smell.
Oh, sweet moses.
The smell!
I can't even describe to you what shredded wheat looks like after fermenting in milk, in the summer, in the sink for four days.
No one should ever know what that looks like.
Or smells like.
And the dishwasher...I opened the door, and almost passed out.
I am still gagging.

5 comments:

laura vegas said...

these are the moments where i realize how much my husband actually does around here. lol! i know i give him heck for watching too much tv and laying on the couch. but he always knows to pick up and clean the house. so i guess he's not that bad. lol!

Sara said...

It's their way of saying "We miss you!" LOL!

Thankfully my hubby is neater than I am about the dishes & the kitchen. I stopped cleaning the house before going away, because I'd just clean it when I got back anyway!

All8 said...

The smell of all that LOVE just drifting out into the street to greet you before you even hit your neighborhood. Unfortunately, I do know what a bowl of fermented cereal looks AND smells like. You're lucky it was in the sink.

DKay said...

Hilarious!
I also clean before we leave out of town. I don't guess the thought of family coming over if we didn't make it back has ever crossed my mind but now that you mention it, it is a bonus for being OCD!! hee hee hee

Calene said...

oh, man, that is bad. really really bad.