Thursday, July 24, 2008

Girls Camp in pictures

Our campsite.
Not too bad. Nice flat areas without a lot of rocks for the tents to go.

Some activities:
Washing your hair in the freezing cold water spigot. NO thank you. The girls thought it was "refreshing." I say "instant headache."

Doing each others hair. Girls do this. Don't hate us.

Nightly gather 'round the fire. My favorite. You know, cause we had S'mores...and stupid human tricks.

Crafts.

Activities. This was a pop-bottle rocket shooter. Eventually any activity turns into a water-fight.

Lots of walking.

Morning and evening flag ceremony.

Silly camp skits.

Wildlife:




Very pretty area, huh?


And here is the whole group of us:

It looks so fun in pictures, it almost makes me look forward to next year...
Almost.

6 comments:

laura vegas said...

i'm not a camping person either. but the pics do make it look like fun! except that hair washing idea ... i would rather have dirty hair. lol!

Deneen said...

Your absolutely right the pic's make it look really fun almost LOL. I don't think I could have put my head under the freezing water either.

Amy Sorensen said...

We've got girl's camp in 2 weeks and I am hoping to make it up for 3 of the days. I didn't go as a teenager so I'm now ridiculously excited to experience it. Which camp does your stake go to? We're at Shalom...

Anyway, great pics! I'm glad you survived!!!

Anonymous said...

Shaunte- you got it easy!

Try doing YW Girl's Camp here in VA...in the wicked awful MUGGY heat...sticky, clammy, can't sleep, bugs everywhere, allergy ridden, crotch sweatin', bra chafing....HEAT!

Dry heat is way better than Muggy heat...that's fo sho!

One day you'll look back and say...........................

"I Survived Girl's Camp!!!"

Cori Henderson said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Too bad I missed it.

Wendy Sue said...

ooh, you're such a trooper!! and that valley is gorgeous (hee hee)...i believe that's my home sweet home!!! :o)