Thursday, July 31, 2008

What did I do today?

I read a book.
A whole book.
374 pages.
I started it, and intended to pause, and at least throw some laundry in. But I never found a place to stop. I kept thinking, in another page I will go get something done. And then the book ended.
I am so sad.
This was quite possibly the best book I have ever read.
I laughed and cried.
And I miss the characters now that it is over.

You can buy it HERE.
Or borrow it from the library--I was on the waiting list forever for it.
If you are local you can just borrow it from me.
I bought it on Half.com after I read it, it is a book I will want to re-read.
(Corianne--it reminded me a lot of Mrs. Mike.)
I also completed a layout using only Coredinations Cardstock.
I think this is my new favorite layout. I love the colors, and this photo of my girls.

I have many more scrappy assignments to work on.
And laundry.
And cleaning.
But no book to distract me this time. Heh.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cute layout!!! Love it. :)

Amy Sorensen said...

Shauntae, did you know there are two other books that go with These Is My Words? Sarah's Quilt and The Star Garden.

I love finding a book I just can't put down. My kids & the DH don't like it so much but...sometimes you just need a break, right? And the layout is great!

Sara said...

Um have you ever read Twilight?? That'll hook you especially since bopok 4 comes out tomorrow!! You won't get ANYTHING done!

Cori Henderson said...

Okay I am going to have to read that book. I can become obsessed with books too. I love the layout, is that digital scrapbooking? I want to do that for my girls, it's so cute.

Mag Family said...

I will have to borrow that book. I couldn't put down the Janet Evanovich books you told me about. Your layout is way cute. Your girls are adorable.

Jackie Pettit said...

That is my all time favorite book!

laura vegas said...

such a cute layout shaunte! an adorable photo of the girls!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous...I love it!
Laura

Sherise said...

I love that book! And I also read it in one sitting, thinking, "Oh, in another chapter I'll stop and feed my children/clean my disgusting house/go to bed." And then the book ended, and it was 3 in the morning.