Sunday, August 03, 2008

Yuba Lake

Yesterday I went with the youth to Yuba Lake.
Not the prettiest lake ever...but perfect for water fun!

What? You think it looks pretty?
That is because I took that picture during the five minute break in the clouds, when the sun was actually out.
The rest of the day it was overcast. Which, according to those in the group who went last year, was rather nice. I guess when the sun beats down, it feels like purgatory.
Here is a more accurate picture:

And again, I caught that teeny patch of blue.
Anyway...on to the water FUN!
We have a lot of youth.

We had three boats, and they were really good about taking turns.
Our youth really are a good group, they all get along really well.

And my boy, Jayden, was able to come this time.
He just turned 12 and that is the magic age to be in the Young Men program.
This was his first outing with all the youth.
It was fun to have him there.
I only saw him twice the whole day.
Here he is:

Just to prove that I really did notice he was there.
We ended up getting on different boats at different times, and missed each other, it was sort-of comical...and yet maybe he planned it that way, so he wouldn't be caught so "uncool" as to be hanging out with his old lady.
I was miffed.
He had Oreos in his backpack.
I didn't get any Oreos.
Here are some of my girls in my group:

And here I am, venturing out on the water on the inner tube of death.
Look at me!
I am having fun!
I am smiling and stuff.

Still loving it...
Water fun, baby!

And I am getting pretty good with the tube.
Look at my STUNT!
Leg-out...

(I KNOW!!!)
I was awesome.
It was my first venture out with the new tankini.
I looked pretty okay.
Of course the life jacket was covering all my goods.
Too bad for you blog readers.
No gratuitous swimwear shots.
Here is where things turned south...

You can see here, that I am trapped betwixt two swiftly moving tubes.
Betwixt is a word that doesn't get nearly enough use, in my opinion.
Here I am though, and the water is just beating the crap out of me.
(This is me the next day:)

Betwixt the tubes the water is crazy.
And suddenly, I feel something flapping on my legs.
"What is that?" I ask myself.
What is that betwixt my knees?
(Sorry. I will stop now.)
So I glance down, and see that is is THE BOTTOM OF MY TANKINI.Yes, folks.
The water pressure is blowing my britches off.
So I bailed:

None of the teenage boys in the boat said they saw anything.
I sure hope not.
Good gravy.
No one needs any of that.
Tankini's.
Maybe not the best choice for water fun.
Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day driving the boat.

Okay, not really.
I just drove once.
But I did take some awesome photos!

And I kept my pants on the whole rest of the trip.

You really need to click on these two, and see the girls' faces.
(snicker)


Go Sara Jane!

Colton (my friend Niki's boy) he gave the camera some love.
That kid is good on a wakeboard.


Even when he is fixin' to wipe-out.

And on tonight's agenda?

A little Vampire love.

I hope my laundry has evolved into a higher species of laundry and washes itself, cause I am not going anywhere for about 754 pages.

7 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

Loved the pictures. Too bad I missed out. That would have been my luck to have my pants fall off though:) I'm almost done with Breaking Dawn. I guess I better go finish it. Let me know what you think.

Mag Family said...

It looks like you had a fun time. I am going down with you guys next year. You know Colton gets his skills from me. I must say, maybe next year you need to wear some long pants, those are some nasty bruises.

Anonymous said...

Shaunte- Tankini Bottoms? Hey, sounds a bit Sponge Bob-ish to me. (snicker, snort, gafaw)
Thanks for the giggles.

smooches-Peg

Amy Sorensen said...

Sigh. I wish I lived in a ward that did cool things like that. Looks like you had a great time, and seriously: at least you didn't LOSE your bottoms. That would have been problematic!!! ;)

laura vegas said...

these were hilarious shaunte! not hilarious what happened to you. lol! but still looks like you had tons of fun! you're such a cool mom ... i don't know what 12 yr old wouldn't want to claim you as his "girl"! although alyssa is turning 12 next month ... and i know she is super embarrased all the sudden to be seen with me. lol! they don't know what they're missing!

Anonymous said...

love the boat fun. Great shots.
I just finished reading about my secret lover Edward. best one yet.
Laura

Kasey said...

All I have to say is GIGGLE SNORT!! Guess that's what happens to the skinny girls never to the fat girls with their 1 piece moo moo bathing suit that I have! ;-)
Counting down to see your crazy ass!!