Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Starting School.

This was the night before school started.
All the kids, in blanket-wrapped heaps in the TV room.
This is a typical scene for us.
We are pretty casual in the summer, and on weekends.
Lucky for us, the kids like to hang out together, and watch movies until late in the night, and then crash where they are.
I will totally miss this.

This guy started 7th grade this year.
He started actually last Friday.
They had the newbies come on their own day to get the hang of the place before the older kids move in and squelch their self-esteem. He said he liked Junior High. We will see when his hormones kick in, and he starts growing pit hair.

Then, the other kids started Monday.
Brendan in 5th grade. WooHOOO "maturation" program. That is always a good time.
The twins start 4th grade. Shianne's teacher this year is Mrs. Hooker.
I can't even make this stuff up.
She married into that bad boy.
She will never be able to teach Junior High.

Then around the house, we have been busy with miscellaneous projects.
Like hair clips:

I am lucky to still have my hair model around.
She will start Kindergarten this next Monday.

I've been working on some scrapbooking assignments.
I would show you those, but I haven't taken pictures of them yet.
I am lazy like that.

I did get the laundry done this weekend.
I didn't find that spider again.
Now I think I see it everywhere.
Especially in the night when I get up to go to the bathroom.
I am totally blind without my contacts, so everything is a little scary anyway, and add that on top of a rogue spider...
Not cool.

And by the way...
My bathroom has been out of toilet paper for two days.
I forget and almost go...and then remember, and relocate to another bathroom.
I refused to change the roll out.
Just this one time.
I am ALWAYS the one who refills the TP.
This time it was a total backfire.

Last night I totally forgot, and had to use a sock from the dirty clothes hamper.
I am not sure why I felt compelled to tell you that.
Maybe just a reminder to check the TP before you sit.
And always bleach socks.

You're welcome.

10 comments:

laura vegas said...

i love that you feel compelled to tell us about things like toilet paper and socks. i feel like i'm not alone in my crazy world ... you're living this stuff too. lol!

that poor teachers name ... she is doomed on the playground, isn't she?!?! lol! if i was her ... i'd totally make up a new name ... i would think her husband would understand!

hope all the kids are adjusting to the new school years! i've got a 4th and 7th grader on my hands too. the homework is killing me already!

Anonymous said...

Snicker, snort, guffaw! Socks and toilet paper rolls...good luck with that one! I wonder how long he can hold out......

Sara said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I don't know what's funnier the teacher's name or the TP! If I were that teacher I'd totally go by my maiden name unless it's crazier like Ms. Tramp. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Its Gretchen! And DANG if we arent living VERY similar lives still! THanks for always makin me laugh even at my OWN self:) :)btw..my kids went back to school TODAY!!! Im KIDLESS! (and in case you were wondering..I have NO idea what to do with my own bad self! HA!)

Suzette said...

Hi you don't know me and may find this strange but I came across your blog from my friend Paige's Chestnut and it's so funny I had to say thank you for blogging. I don't like to be a "blind stalker' so I just wanted to say if you don't mind I would like to stop by and read from time to time. Your blog really lightened my day. I too have a blog and you can check it out through Paige's link if you would like. :)

Amy said...

I have been on my last summer nerve all day and this little post just made me laugh. THanks a ton... you crack me up!

Paige and Jason said...

That teachers last name is a doozie but there are two people in my ward that I am glad I didn't marry simply for their last name. One family by the name of Seamons and the other is Cummings...yeah I couldn't handle either of those.

Anonymous said...

The sock-wipe...F-U-N-N-Y! James read it a laughed out loud, shaking his head. Hmmm...Guess I better bring enough TP to Getaway...or hide my socks!

Jennifer Stewart said...

Yeah, but hopefully you used your HUSBAND'S sock, right? Or...wait...that is kind of gross considering their socks are gross.

Never mind. :)

Mrs. Hooker? lol.

Anonymous said...

I never comment but the sock/TP episode brought me out because honestly, I can relate in a BIG way. In fact...I'm boycotting one of the bathrooms as we speak. Good luck with the new school year!