Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I got an award.

My friend Laura picked me for the world-renown, prestigious, "I Heart Your Blog" award. Incidentally, her blog is one of my favorites. Thanks Laura!

See! I have the picture to prove it.
I guess the deal is, when you get "picked" you then pick seven other blogs that you read regularly, tell why you love that blog, and link folks to it.

Sounds like a blog tag, which I vowed not to participate in...but this one is an award... That's different, right?

Here are some of my favorites, and I hesitate to even do this, cause I know I am going to be leaving some of you out.

The first link I hit in the mornings is:
My Bank.

If there is money, then I go HERE. Or HERE. And occasionally treasure hunting HERE.

If there is no money, well then, I sit down at the computer and live vicariously through the lives of other folks.

1- ASHLEY GAILEY I spooned with her once at a trade show when we shared a room with five girls was it? So I like to check in with her every once in a while. She is pretty fun, even though she drinks, and shoots too much. Heh.
2- THE FUG GIRLS Usually makes me feel better about myself and my stay at home mom wardrobe to see these celebrities in action. I love the commentary of the girls who author the blog.
3- THE PIONEER WOMAN I love her photography, and also the cooking section. It almost makes me want to cook, and then I remember how much mess that makes, and call for pizza.
4- NICHOLE HEADY I am not a stamper. But she makes me wanna, and then I remember how much mess that makes, and I just print something out on the computer. I love her pretty, pretty projects and tutorials.
5- Here is where it gets embarrassing LAURIE WIMMER <---I honestly don't know her. I am a total stalker, and can't even remember how I came across her blog. I like her writing style, and her life reminds me of mine was, when my twins were little. I check in to see if she is still surviving...
6- MELISSA MAPLES My blog friend who lives in Turkey. She goes to these swap meet type markets and takes pictures of the tee-shirts they attempt to print in English. So glad she has a camera, and shares those gems with the world! I love when she posts photos of Turkey too. Very cool.
7- JENNIFER STEWART She and I go back to the days of our very first online design team together. She posts recipes too. And vintage goodies. And she is just very sweet.

I know there are many more I hit regularly.
That should give you some new links to try, yes?
And then hurry and throw some laundry in, so you don't feel like you have wasted your whole Tuesday.

Oh wait!!!
It's TUESDAY!
Here is your "tool" for this TOOLSDAY!

Poster Tack.
I think I got it at my local grocery store in the office supply aisle.
This stuff is kinda like dry silly putty.
It is not greasy.
Odorless.
Doesn't dry out.
I bought it to hang up word strips and pictures for my lessons I teach on Sundays in church. My kids started using it as play-doh. Let me tell you what...several years ago play-doh got banned in my house. I hate it. HATE! This poster tack is like the anti-play-doh miracle.
They spent the entire hour long church meeting making Poster Tack animals.

Plus, it is great for putting a small piece behind that picture in your house that always tilts crooked. A little chunk on the bottom corners will hold it in place.

Please tell me you have one of these too...
I bet you could use it to hang layouts when trying to photograph them.
I need to do that this afternoon.

Anyway, get some. It was a good two bucks spent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would still respect me in the morning. ...and seriously, I am just doing my part to keep my skills sharp so that no zombies are ever able to get close enough to me to eat my brains. When the world turns into zombies you will thank me.

laura vegas said...

i totally remembered you vowed off blog tagging ... because i did it right along with you. lol! but i figured this was different ... i know i'll take any "award" i can get. lol! off to check out your favorites!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love your blog too and read it faithfully. You're one of the funniest writers I know.

Jan Hennings said...

I love your blog...I can relate to your "stay at home mom wardrobe"! I have 7 children, 5 still at home...they're teenages but still have no worries about being politically correct...(how embarassing)
It's sweats today because it's down right chilly here in IA this morning.
Jan