Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A whole lotta sick going on.

I got some weird 24 hour bug.
It settled in my spine.
It was the strangest thing, my back hurt from my neck to my tail-bone.
It felt swollen and puffy.
I sat in the recliner all day yesterday.
Today I feel a little wiped out, but not like yesterday.

So I went shopping.

I went SWIMSUIT shopping.
I know some of you just just involuntarily groaned in horror.
And some of you knowingly smiled and nodded. In sympathy.
Have you been this year? Did YOU get a new suit?

Nothing like taking the last shred of self-esteem a lady in her mid-30's possesses, and tossing it into a wood-chipper.

I swear, the fun-house mirrors they put in dressing rooms don't help at all.
I know I can't look that wide.
Or white.
Or cellulite-y.
Where do they get those mirrors?
Seems like they would want to install the good carnival mirrors, those kind that make you look all skinny.
And dim the lights, for the love of all that is holy.
And make the tri-fold mirror that you can see your whole back-side with INSIDE THE DRESSING ROOM, instead of down the hall, where all the skinny girls try things on.

And the best is the "leave your underwear on to try swim-wear on."
Cause yeah, you get a pretty accurate look-see at the final picture with big 'ol granny panties hanging out the sides.

I ventured into Tankini-land.
It covered more than the one-piece suits.
I just hope like heck it doesn't float up in the water one day and flash folks my craptastic mid-section.

My old suit has served me well.
I think I have had that thing for like six years.

That is how long it has taken me to get the nerve to go trying swimwear on again.
I am proud of me.
Maybe this week I will also call the dentist.

3 comments:

Mag Family said...

You my friend, are one brave girl. I hate swimsuit shopping. I always take a prozac or valium before I go. Makes things a little easier. Congrats.

Amy Sorensen said...

Gah...that is probably my least-favorite thing in the world. I've started ordering mine online---Land's End has some great swimsuits that seem to work for my body. Glad you found one you like---I think tankinis are fabulous!!!

Moto X Mama said...

I love your blog and have been stalking you! I went to High School with you and saw Sam at last years Rodeo ....so weird. I hear someone yell Sheryl Bronson! At first I wanted to duck and hide, but it was WAY TOO LATE!!! He told me you were home scrapping.