Monday, June 19, 2006

For pete sake


I haven't posted for a bit, and the picture doesn't really have a whole lot to do with this post, other than it is of Sam, and once again, I am venting about his weird behavior. Plus, I learned some cool things in PS, and thought this turned out cool. Anyhoo...

So we were sitting in church yesterday, and we have the AWFUL 9:00 meeting time, which is horrid for us, getting all the kids ready when we are a house full of non-morning folks.

Sam leans over to me and says something, and dude. His breath could have, I dunno, knocked me over. I was seriously on the verge of dry-heaving. So I scrunch up my nose and back away. And I tell him his breath is bad. Now, I am not going to criticize someone unless I have something to help them with. I had gum in the purse. And I certainly didn't want him going on the rest of the day randomly offending people. I do love him.

He gets all huffy and offended! He says "No, it doesn't" (meaning his breath doesn't stink) And I say "Uh, yeah--it so does." And he said (can't believe it still) "There is no way it stinks, I brushed."

Seriously. He truly believes that a mere brushing solves all hygiene evils.

So we proceed to argue. (At a reasonable distance from my nose) And he finally accepts a piece of gum, reluctantly, very reluctantly, cause he still thinks I am making the whole bad breath thing up. Whatev.

My grandma said to me many years ago, "honey, if someone offers you a breath mint, or gum, ALWAYS take it."

Good advice.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at your grandma's advise. It's wise! Reminds me of the "Do I have something in my nose?" ALWAYS ask, "Do I?" if they do first! LOL Have a great day! Hope he's over it by now! ;)

Sophia

Unknown said...

ROTFL!!!!! You crack me up!

And that is the best advice!!

Kelly said...

LOL! Next time if he doesnt want the gum, tell him he has to talk looking at his feet then ;)

That photo is awesome! I just got PS Elements 4.0 and its sooooo different than PS LE 5.0 that I was learning. Im back at square one again :(

Howd you do that? What filter is that?

Jennifer Sizemore said...

bwaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha. Did he finally take the gum????? (I hope .... for your nose's sake)

Advice to live by, for sure.

And great picture!

Anonymous said...

First of all...Love the photo.
Second of all...I think our husband's come from the same school....Really. You are an absolute riot! Thanks for always telling it how it is!

Anonymous said...

Sage advice LOL *hugs*

Ursula Page said...

LOL Shaunte!!! The bad breath thing is too funny and I have told DH the same thing :)

Kay said...

"Word" to your g'ma!

You crack me up!