Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's our anniversary!


Twelve years ago today, I married my Sam.

Most of the time I don't regret it. ;)

It seems like the longer you are married, the more you actually love each other, and appreciate real, true love. I thought I loved Sam twelve years ago, and I was giddy/happy/excited that I got to "hang out" with him 24/7.

After 12 years, it becomes so much deeper. So many things we have gone through together. I couldn't live without his support, advice, and sense of humor.

I am not really sure how he puts up with me half the time, but I am grateful that he does.

So, Sam, if you ever read this-I love you! Thank you for taking a chance on me, and on us. Thank you for not being too "manly" to use a curling iron. Thank you for knowing how to fix sprinkler pipes. Thank you for turning a blind eye to the stretch marks, cellulite, and floors that need mopping. Thank you for all the big things, and all the little things.

Here's to the next dozen years--I hope they bring us just as much happiness as the first 12 have. (maybe more money..HA!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary shaunte and sam! you guys rock! hope your day was an awesome one!

Kelly said...

Ohhhh...even hot OUT of leather ;)
Happy Anniverary to you two!!

Anonymous said...

What a great photo...
Congratualtions!!!

taniawillis said...

love the facial expressions shaunte! hope you have many, many, many more years together! congrats on making it through 12.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary girl!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

That picture is too funny! You are so hot girl!! Happy Anniversary :)