Sunday, June 04, 2006

SCHOOOOL's out for summer!


Shayne: Look at me Mom, I'm freeeeeeeeeeee!! (running wildly across the lawn, after arriving home on the last day of school)

I have to admit--even after being out of school for um, a lot of years, I still get that excited feeling on the last day.

The freedom.

But, it's a little different as a mom. Although I am thrilled to not have to make lunches, or correct homework, or listen (and daydream) through 20 minutes of reading per kid, per night...

I will miss the break. The guilt-free "me" time. Mikayla and I just got down a good SAHM(and toddler) routine.

We'll just have to adapt to a new system. One that includes the school(less) kids, a little chore-time, a lot of play time, and throw in a bit of stay up late and sleep in even later, and I think we will adjust well.

Just don't call us before 10 am..

2 comments:

Tracy said...

YEAH! That last day is thrilling (as is the 1st!) I am ready to be done with our school morning routine...we finish up on the 21st I think.

Anonymous said...

Amen on the don't call before 10am!!!