Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Are you going to miss me?

This is what I am going to be doing this next week:
Some packing--

Although, this photo was from last year, and we drove our ex-car, the Suburban. This year we have the van, which literally has enough cargo space for two gallons of milk.
Skim.

We like to think, Sam and I, that we are still pretty cool. However, this trip is forcing us to take a sharp left turn smack-dab into nerd-dom, cause we are borrowing one of those van-pods. You know, those roof-rack luggage things? We need one. We are borrowing one. Which still leaves us that shred of dignity for not actually owning one, right? Right? Okay.
We have a lot of crap to pack.
Some driving--
Except this time, we have the DVD player. (Cue choir of angels.)


Eventually we end up here:

Which doesn't look like much at first glance.
But there is this:





I am just realizing that I never edited our photos from last year, hence the sub-standard pics. I've been too busy with my facial landscaping.
We go up with some good friends of ours. They have kids the same age as my bunch.
So there are lots of kids running free.
Moms scrapping and taking naps.
Dads playing cards. And fishing.
Lots of down time.
Eating.
Laughing.
Talking.
Its just a relaxing, peaceful week.
I am taking a few scrappy assignments if I get to them, and the new Stephenie Meyer book. Yipee!
So, in the meantime, here are some new scrappy projects I did recently to tide you over until I get back.
School themed stuff, betcha couldn't guess that.





Hopefully we will have good weather.
And my lip will heal.
Be good.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hope you all have a good time!

Anonymous said...

Shaunte, I hope you are having the relaxing vacation you deserve . . . okay, with 5 kids, scratch that. I just hope you are having moments of fun and relaxation! Renae

Janet O. said...

ummmmm...we DO own a roof pod thingy for our van. I guess I win the dork-off.

but I don't wax my face. Neener. :D

Wendy Lojik said...

You can take the pod any time!
Don't buy one your helping get rid of the stuff!
Have a great time ;)

Moto X Mama said...

I can't believe I found your bog, I guess im totally caught blog stalking red handed! this is Sheryl from High School. Cute family and blog.