Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm back! And also IT'S TOOLSDAY!

Um, okay...it's actually Wednesday, and this would have had so much more impact had I posted it yesterday, on Tuesday. Get it? Tuesday=TOOLSday? It's cute, right? It's not cheesy like ROCKTOBERFEST!

Alright, it's a little on the cheesy side. Nevertheless, whilst I was packing my scrappy stuff for the weekend in the sticks, I was limited on space, but there seemed to be a handful of tools that I cannot scrap without. Cannot.

So I thought for the next few Tuesdays, I would blog about my vital tools.

They may be scrappy tools.
They may be household tools.
And before you go on thinking that every week I am just going to post a swooning review of my Dyson or Dyson accessories. Think again. Although the Dyson is the greatest thing to hit my house since my IUD.

And perhaps, I will throw in a few human "tools" which we all know is slang for (roughly translated) complete morons. Like the pizza guy who WOULD NOT deliver pizza to my kids the other night. It was PRE-PAID by credit card, but since there were no adults to answer the door, he couldn't leave it with the kids.

He was a tool.

Let's commence, shall we?

Also, there will be stolen pictures from the Internet.
This allows me to sit here in the comfort of my fluffy butt rather than taking the pictures, downloading them, and then posting.

Here is my first beloved tool.
It is a Quilting Awl or Tailors Awl.
You can get your own right here. (Also, I see it is only THREE BUCKS!)
My friend Laura got me this many years ago.

I have not scrapped without it since.

It is perfect for poking holes for brads.
It will poke holes for ribbon, and even eyelets.
I like it for digging out the hardened gunky glue in the nozzle of glue bottles.
I use it to poke out the middles of die cut letters.
I use it to punch holes in chipboard.
I like it for smooshing ribbon through loopy brads.
I use it to pick off excess glue from around stuck on letters or embellishments.
I love this tool!

It is also handy for walking out to your car in the dark parking lot after a crop.
Hence, the Quilters Awl.
My tool for this TOOLSDAY.

4 comments:

Laura Mendoza said...

one should never scrapbook without it! Glad to see you guys are back. Let me know when Sam starts graves.

Lora3677 said...

HA!! you are a riot...

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I love your new Toolsday.
I am also glad you are back. I have missed you. It hasn't been the same without you.
Hope you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

My friend Marti informed me of your blog and boy I sure am glad that she did! You, my friend, crack me up!! I'll be visiting often! Happy Toolsday to you!