Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's a good week to be me.

I got a check in the mail today for some scrappy crap I did.
Now normally, these checks get put in a bank account and we use them for travel, or unexpected bills.

Well this time I went hog wild and spent it.
On this:

A Dyson.

I have been dreaming of one for a while.

My current vacuum is lazy.
It will allow me to vacuum one! room! And then it quits. It smells like tires too. I know it is getting on in years, but really? ONE! ROOM! at a time, takes a long, long time to get the house vacuumed.

I know how pathetic it is to put off buying something I use and need every single day.

I have been with Sam to the tool store. He will fork out twenty bucks for a socket he and I both know he will use once. And he and I both know that another tool that he probably already owns would work just as well.

So I blew the check on a vacuum.

It is a good week to be me.
The smell of new electronics is way better than any Yankee Candle.

10 comments:

Scott and Christy said...

Trust me, it will be worth every dime. I love mine!

All8 said...

I second that. You won't believe how much crap your old vacuum was leaving behind. Worth every dollar!!!

My MIL bought a Windtunnel and we bought the Dyson. In her excitement, she vacuumed her whole house. My SIL was visiting and wanted to see how ours compared. The Dyson picked up all kinds of stuff that the NEW Windtunnel left behind. Plus the Windtunnel sounds like a jet engine taking off. I love my DYSON!!!

Unknown said...

enjoy it!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

go you...a new vacuum and a new treadmill...i love both of mine!!

Peg Graham said...

Can I rub your vacuum now?

I have always wanted one, but now that we are installing wood floors (ok, laminate floors), I'll be investing in dust mops....and these instead:

http://www.gadgetvenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/dust-slippers.JPG

Enjoy the new vac!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my Dyson....so much so I did a page on it when I got it.
How pitiful is that :-)

laura vegas said...

now you'll be so busy vacuuming the house all the time with your brand, spanking new, pretty vacuum ... that you'll have no use for the treadmill! lol! vacuuming can be a good workout by itself!

Sherry Wright said...

Congrats on the Dyson Shaunte, I've had mine for 2 years and love it! Beautiful projects below. :0)

Mirm said...

WOW 8 comments on something that sucks up dirt off your floor. What have we become!!!! Good vaccuumers it looks like....

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got a Dyson. You deserve it!
-Laura M.