Monday, April 14, 2008

Day One, Hour Two of a week long SPRING BREAK

We all slept in until 9:30. It was deeeeelightful. I was thinking how nice it was, and how I could definitely get used to *not* busting heinie spending my mornings in a frenzy of looking for backpacks, clean socks and book room books all part of trying to get the kids off to school on time.

How summer is coming!
And that means no schedule, no rush...

I got on the treadmill. In my measly 30 minutes, I was interrupted five times. Two kids, (one kid bugged me twice) and then the phone rang twice with my kids' friends calling. That was in 30 minutes.

I went up to shower. Locked the door. The kids pounded on the door at least three times that I know of. You know, nothing can wait, heaven forbid.

It's 11:45. We have been up and going for a little over two hours. Already I have heard two kids moan "I am bored" and three ask "What are we going to go do today" Like I am a fricking events coordinator at fun camp.

I am having heroin flashbacks of summer.

Spring Break is a whole week long.
Please pass the hard liquor.
And keep it pouring in a steady stream until late August.

3 comments:

laura vegas said...

ok, loving the "event coordinator" label ... that is exactly what the girls think i am. they've been out of school for 3 weeks now .. and 1 week left to go. i've been hearing "i'm bored" and "what are we going to do" non-stop. so i totally understand! good luck this week!!!

Amy Sorensen said...

It's interesting...I always start the long breaks with lots of energy and ideas, but they both seem to fizzle out in the face of reality. I am lucky in that there's usually someone for each of my kids to play outside with, but then that backfires as I hear "we're bored" from double the amount of kids. I hear ya, sistah!

Sara said...

Isn't it amazing that with all the toys kids may have they're "bored" & look to you for things to do??

I say put them to work with that snazzy new vaccum you got!! LOL!