Wednesday, April 30, 2008

And you are alllll winners. (in my book)

So, it's Wednesday.

I went over to the Random Number Generator to pick someone for the class.
But I felt so bad.
I think I have entered roughly 582 contests just like this, and I have never won.
So I thought I would post one of my favorite recipes here for everyone else, who didn't win.

The winner DOES NOT get to copy the recipe. Or make it. Heh.

This is a perfect recipe for potlucks, since it makes a lot,
and it is very tasty,
and most likely you already have the ingredients in the pantry.
Also, it is low-fat--cause marshmallows are mostly air. And graham crackers aren't that fattening. And the chocolate chips? Well, doesn't the butterfat slide out of those when you melt them? I think it does. And then there is coconut, which we all know is a fruit. Or maybe a vegetable. So, see...healthy!

**This recipe makes TWO 9x13 pans of S'mores. You can cut it in half, but then you are left with a half of a bag of chocolate chips. And a half a bag here, is an empty bag the next day. I eat chocolate chips a handful at a time, cause I think they don't really count that way. This is why I necessitated a membership to Weight Watchers. You won't regret having two pans of these bars. Trust me.**

S'mores Bars

2 cubes butter, softened
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs (one package--not the whole box, just one package)

Beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add about 1/4 c. water, then add combined flour and crumbs, mix well. Press into bottom of two (2) buttered 9x13 pans.

Layer on top(s)(Split these ingredients between the two pans):

1 1/2 c. shredded coconut
1 (12 oz) pkg. chocolate chips (we like semi-sweet)
1 c. chopped nuts (I leave out, blech)
4 c. mini-marshmallows

Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until marshmallows are puffy and golden brown. Cool, cut into squares.

Oh yeah, the winner of the class. Silly me. Thinking about toasted marshmallows.
I randomly generated from HERE.

And the winner is.....
Number 18.
Lezlee said...
Sounds Great! I need a jump start.

1:30 PM


So, Lezlee. E-mail me and I will get you set up.
shauntewadley@gmail.com

Everyone else--go make some S'mores!
Do not share with Lezlee.

5 comments:

JethRobyn said...

Thanks for the recipe, looks yummy. I didn't dare enter the contest, because i know I never win, that and I would be intimidated to do any professional scrapbooking!

All8 said...

Sounds great. You're just the bomb, aren't you?!!

Anonymous said...

They look yum yum thanks

Call's said...

Thanks for the parting gift :)! I am glad you did this contest, because it helped me discover your blog--you are so entertaining. I already knew you were one of my favorite scrappers, but I love your down to earth writing style. I haven't jumped into that scary tech-blog world yet, but I have friends who have, and can I just say I appreciate a little sarcasm and reality with my daily update...not just all that bragging about the kids and the vacation crap. You are genuine and I love it!
Natalie

Peg Graham said...

So...these bars have virtually no carbs or calories, right? right? (nods head for a 'yes')...snicker, snort, chortle, guffaw, gasp, choke, gag! (swallowed my own spit down the air tube again, cripes!)

love ya!