Monday, April 07, 2008

The (other) Truck

So I happened to notice that no one wanted to wager a guess.
Don't you need an extra husband?
With a truck?

Sam picked up another truck on auction.
This one was in Arizona.

We flew into Phoenix, and drove to Tucson, picked up the truck and drove it home. We were lucky again. The thing ran like a champ!

It is a full-sized diesel engine Ford F250 POWER STROKE! I was told to add the POWER STROKE! I don't know what it is, but apparently it is worth mentioning. "You're Welcome", to my male readers.

The bestest part about the truck was the fact that it was a theft recovery. There were sweatshirts and bottled waters left in the truck. Along with a sack of stinkiness that was never identified in the back of the truck.

The front grill was filled, and I mean filled with cactus.


I am thinking that some Mexicans were busting that stolen truck over the Nogales border and got caught. A chase ensues; the truck bouncing along the midnight desert arroyos, illuminated only by a full moon (headlights needed to be replaced) Kicking up sand and taking out cacti. Finally caught. Or maybe, they resorted to finishing the last stretch on foot, and made it back to their haciendas. Ditching the truck for freedom.

Regretting leaving the bottled water, of course.

So anyway, we own the truck now.

Sam swears it will get better gas mileage than his little truck, cause it's diesel. And we squeezed almost 600 miles out of one tank. Maybe it's true? (shrugs) All I know is it sounds like a threshing machine when you fire it up and run it.

In other news:

I left my phone upstairs yesterday, and dug it out late last night to set the alarm for the school kids this morning. There was a picture message waiting on it.
I didn't recognize the number, but opened it anyway.
Sometimes Sam has the guys at work send me funny things.

Well, this wasn't funny.

It was a very violently graphic picture of someones beat to hell face. They were all grayish-purplish and bloody. I glanced at it, and had that icy terror thing. I am used to puppies, ponies, and rainbows and all of a sudden I get a corpse-thing straight from "I am Legend" sent to my phone.

I called Sam and asked him if he recognized the number.
I forwarded him the picture.
It freaked him out too.
He called the number, and someone answered and said that the police were involved.
What the....?
A friend of ours is a police officer, Sam called him, he was on patrol and dropped by the house. I made a report and everything.
I guess it was already in the system, a domestic violence situation.
Weird.
Anyway, my PSA for the day, is don't download random phone photos.

1 comment:

Wendy Lojik said...

It's a disease!