Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sally Hansen can bite me.

Since my MOLE POST, I have been obsessed with facial hair.
I think I am going through what I am hoping is early menopause (how else would you explain the waking up in the middle of the night sweating to death for no apparent reason? And the mood swings?)
And the random sprinkling of facial hair.
I invested in a home wax kit on Saturday.
Plunked down my $4.99 at Target.
This kit came with pre-cut and pre-waxed strips.
NO Microwave needed!!
20% more strips! FREE!

Sold.

How hard could it be, right?

I had plenty of strips. Figured I would take care of the peach-fuzz mustache, and move on to other regions.

Slapped that strip on, and as the directions instructed, ripped it off in the direction the hair was growing, in one swift motion.

Oh Sweet Mama. The pain.
The instantaneous, involuntary tears...

Totally took the hair.
AND MY SKIN!

Nice.

So I went to church today looking like that kid in the winter that habitually licks his lips until they are raw and slap-red.

I called Sam post-trauma to tell him about it.
I started out the conversation with "Hey, I tried to wax that little mustache thing I have going on..."
He said "Oh, cool."
What he did NOT say was: "Mustache? What? What are you talking about?"

This would have been the correct response to my conversation starter.

I still have a few stubborn hairs that somehow survived.
They are staying.
I don't care.

11 comments:

laura vegas said...

i have a confession ... i'm almost 38 and i have NEVER waxed anything. lol! it just seems like something a grown woman would do ... but it also seems extremely painful! i will however vouch for the hair-removal cream ... and i do think it is sally hansen. it stinks ... but it works! lol!

charmi said...

Have you tried threading ?? i think waxing would be like a 2 min pain after you pull the strip but threading pains much more!! I think even bleach would work..trying to hide them !! :)

Sara said...

Waxing is never a good thing to do to yourself. Didn't you go through labor 5 times? Isn't that enough trauma for one person to willingly (sort of) go through??

I feel your pain about all the hair. I'm Italian & it sucked growing up with hairy hairy arms. Oh & the best part? Growing up & getting the matching chin. LOL!!!

All8 said...

I have a tip. Magic Cream. It's for men and it prevents bumps. Doesn't stink, you can do it in the shower, and scrape it off, hair and all, with a credit card. They have a mild too. My friend swears by it, she uses it for her girly bits but it's made for faces. Good luck.

Janet O. said...

It's a good thing you didn't try to wax anything else, if you get my drift.

Mimi said...

I use the wax. Just don't ask about the fire I started on the stove a few months back...

Jen Gallacher said...

Lip waxing is the WORST!! Have it done professionally. Far more quick and over so much faster. (Plus it's like $8 at the local cheapy place.) I would NEVER do it myself again. Tore skin and left hairs. UGH!

Kristin said...

forget waxing - save up and get laser hair removal. it doesn't hurt that bad, is affordable and if you do it right, it's permanent. my friend with blond hair didn't have success, but us brunettes are good candidates for the soft, smooth faces were are all so deserving of.
btw, electrolysis = torture, so if you are in to that, there's another option for ya.

Heather said...

I totally feel for you! After my good friend bragged about her waxed legs I went out & bought the whole kit & caboodle. It was so painfull & what a mess!! I've never used it since. What a waste. I also had an unfortunate accidents w/Nair once. I was trying to open the "child-proof" cap & ended up squirting it in my eyes. I screamed like you wouldn't believe. My dad, sister & cousin all came running. They were pretty much dying from laughter & I was sure I was gonna go blind or at least lose my eyebrows. Somehow, no damage was done? :)

Peg Graham said...

Dude...you make me laugh!!!

Wait until the skin tags appear randomly, boobs begin to sag (and fall into the arm pits when on your back), when you groan as you step out of bed, when you start forgetting things, when you talk about the meds you are on...and when you need readers for reading everything...NICE!


HUGS for your waxed lippeth!

Moto X Mama said...

Oh my HECK...This post is so funny. We call them "witch hairs". Most of my sisters go to a salon school in A.F. and get this taken care of. I tried this in Jr. high and left the big strip on my leg for about a week before I finally removed it.