Friday, May 09, 2008

In case anyone was wondering.

I have been absent most of this week.
I had a crappy busy week.

I am on the PTA, you know, and this year my "job" was to spearhead all the room-moms, and be over Teacher Appreciation Week.

I have spent more time at the school than my kids this week.

Tuesday was teacher breakfast.
Wednesday was bring a flower to teacher day.
Thursday was teacher lunch.
Friday, was nothing I needed to go to the school for, but I had to come in anyway, because the third grade did a Mother's Day program.

I am pooped!

Earlier this week, I went thrift store shopping.
It's my new favorite.
I have stooped to an all time new low, cause I am actually buying clothes.
From a thrift store.
Of course they all get bleached and oxy-cleaned in hot water...
But dang if I haven't scored some finds.
I bought a brand new looking pair of 7 for all mankind jeans in my size, for SIX BUCKS! I was trying to tell Sam about it on the way home, and he didn't know what these jeans were. I knew of course, you know, being an avid People/In Touch magazine reader. I am savvy like that.
He asked me if they looked good on.
I told him not really, but who cares, cause they are $189.00 jeans!
For six bucks.
I am excited to look cool.
Except I blew the whole looking cool thing, JUST NOW, when I just told you all that I got them for six bucks. Pretend I am still cool when you see me in them, okay?

What else?
Oh, I joined Facebook.
I am still trying to figure it all out.
I wasted like two hours today finding Flair for my bulletin board.
Like I need another time-sucker in my life.
But I found a few friends from my past, so it could be cool, right?
If YOU join, let me know and I will add you to my "friends."
Good gravy.
Facebook has me digging for "friends"--it sounds so desperate.

I have been vacuuming a lot. With the Dyson. I can't even tell you how much I *heart* my vacuum. Seriously. I let it sleep on Sam's side of the bed, when he is working graveyard shift.

I was asked to join a new design team.
Core-dinations Cardstock.
Very cool stuff.
It is cardstock that is black, with a colored core. So if you tear, emboss or sand it, the color comes through. There is also colored cardstock with a white core, but I am liking the black.
You can see it HERE.

Other than that, I got nothin'

I bet you are glad you came over here.
That was five minutes of your life you will never get back.
Just join facebook.
And you too, can watch your laundry pile up. Heh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i c an not find you on facebook! but i have good news....it looks like we have quite a few name buddies on facebook!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't find you on FB either... the only Shaunte Wadley is a Ciera Shaunté Wadley in Macon, GA, and since there's no photo of her, I couldn't tell if that was you. I'm guessing it's not, for some reason.

You can add me... it's easy, I'm the only Melissa Maples in Turkey, heh.

laura vegas said...

i have been known to do the same thing when i find a good deal. it may not even look good on me ... but you can't pass up a good deal! lol! that was an incredible score too ... i also read "in touch" religiously ... so i'm also cool like you to know about those jeans. loL!

facebook? i hear about this ... and yet i don't know what it is. lol! is this like the myspace that i never figured out ... and had only 1 friend when everyone else had about 842?!?! lol!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new design team. I checked out the paper and it looks fun.
-Laura