Saturday, May 31, 2008

I have good excuses.

Came home from vacation, to turn the corner right into Summer CHA crunch.

I am receiving manufacturer boxes almost daily, with projects to work on for the trade show.

This is one reason why my blog is sadly being neglected.
I am here. I promise.
Just buried under paper, and brads, and delicious glitter.

Summer officially started!


I have mixed feelings about this.

The kids had their last day of school yesterday.

As a result, two of my five kids are currently grounded.

Jayden had a sixth grade swim party at the local swimming pool. It is within walking distance from the house. It went from 10:00 to 2:00. Jayden didn't stroll into our house until 5:00.
Yeah, he had been wandering around town like the King Turd of America for three hours.
Didn't call me.
Didn't check in.
It's not that I am a control freak....well, okay, I guess I am. But he is ELEVEN! For Pete Sake! He does not need to be wandering about like a common hoodlum.
He's grounded.
So yesterday, I sent him out to weed the flowerbeds. He doesn't know a weed from a bush, so in my absolute brilliance...I took a bottle of spray paint, and spritzed all the weeds with day-glo orange spray paint.
Pick THOSE, I said.
He wasn't happy.
Today he will be vacuuming the house, and I think cleaning out the fridge.
Love me a good, albeit disgruntled slave.

And Shianne is grounded too.
She was supposed to take her clean basket of clothes, and put them away.
Three hours later, I went to check on her progress.
Yes, I did say three hours. This is typical of her.
She can't focus to save her life, so if she sees something shiny on the way to the toilet, she may pee her pants whilst toying with said shiny object because she plain FORGOT SHE WAS HEADED TO THE CAN.

So three hours later, the basket was forgotten, and she had taken it upon herself to cut an ink pen in half with scissors and explode the ink all over her carpet in her bedroom.

Then, she took a sock, and smeared the ink into a 12"x12" circle of ink.

I lost it.

Sam had to come home early. For the sake of the children.
And long story short, we are using our tax return for new carpet.
So I have been busy dividing my time between carpet warehouses, and the liquor store.

And that is also why I haven't been here.

9 comments:

Jen Gallacher said...

Oh . . . my . . . goodness. Please tell me this isn't a tale of things to come for summer. YIKES!! I'm a firm believer in grounding, and the harder the kids wail the better job I know I'm doing as mom. LOL!

Mag Family said...

What is it with kids thinking just cuz they graduated 6th grade they are now adults. Sheesh. A little while ago a red crayon got up off the floor(all by itself) and drew on my carpet. We just moved the couch to cover it. All three kids were grounded until Kinzie confessed.

laura vegas said...

you poor thing shaunte! gosh ... alyssa is almost 12 yrs old and i never let her go anywhere by herself ... can't imagine the tiny thing wandering around town. lol! and my youngest sounds just like your daughter .. no focus at all. i'm on that kid constantly trying to get her to get anything done.

wishing you lots of luck in the next few weeks!

Peg Graham said...

Sherriff Shaunte is layin' down the law!!!

Yup...summer is already here and my kids don't get of school until June 12th!

Hang in there.

Jenn said...

I am laughing, only because we have a focus issue in our household as well. At least Jayden wasn't picked up my another town's police force, like some other people's kids... joke... hang in there!!

Jenn said...

I am laughing, only because we have a focus issue in our household as well. At least Jayden wasn't picked up my another town's police force, like some other people's kids... joke... hang in there!!

DKay said...

We were all wondering where you were - now we know. Keep the whip cracked because it only gets crazier I am sure.
BTW, I spent my tax return money on a root canal. That's about as fun as new flooring for a kid's room (which will only be destroyed, AGAIN).

Kathryn said...

Wow and only the first week of summer!! It better get better, or send them off to boot camp!! I'm sorry about the carpet!! Why are girls so easily side tracked Shelby and Syd are the same way! Good luck if you need any more messes just call i will send the twins over!!

Heather said...

God I love reading your blog-- but at least she's learning the art of 12x12 crafts right?