Sunday, May 07, 2006

National Scrapbook Day!

It is still funny to me that there is a National Scrapbook Day. It was yesterday. Not so funny how Sam bowls in the Bowling Nationals tournament always on the same weekend. I hardly ever get to celebrate NSD, unless I am dragging the kids along. Come to think of it, Bowling Nationals is kinda funny too. It's bowling, for pete's sake....

Anyway, I spent NSD teaching a class at Paper Creations in Salt Lake City. This was my first time at the store. Kathy, the owner is such a cool lady! She pre-cut all the class kits for me, which was a total lifesaver, and the class went so smooth..like buttah. Very nice ladies in the class too, everyone got the whole mini-album done! That never happens--it was the pre-cutting I am sure.

Since Sam was gone, and having fun himself, I told myself I could spend some money at the store. I haven't actually purchased any new scrapbooking supplies for months. I have just been using my stash, and stuff from my manufacturers. I thought it was time for me to buy something fun and inspiring.

When I walked into the store, I was completely overwhelmed! You know how sometimes it feels like when you walk into a place like this, somehow the ceiling fans suck your brains out, and you forget why you are there in the first place. Too many things to look at. Too many pretty distractions. System overload. Sometimes that happens to me at Target. I always have to have a list, or inevitably I come home with five things I didn't need, but not the bread that I went for.

So it happened at Paper Creations. I stood there, just inside the door, my mouth agape, with that deer in headlights look. Finally someone was kind enough to direct me to the classroom. I taught, and then I packed up and left. I bought nothing.

I want to go back. With a list. A very long list.

Awesome store. Thanks Kathy and staff and students--

Happy National Scrapbook Day!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shaunte - sounds like a wonderful way to spend NSD.

Hugs,
Mary

SageHen said...

I hear you on the shopping. It's all so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I love Paper Creations! Glad that you had such a positive experience teaching and I'm amazed that you didn't spend a penny! WOW! That's self-control! I'm impressed!

Have a great day!

Sophia

Amy B. said...

I can see getting system overload from Paper Creations. that's a big store. ;) I do the same thing though. sitting at home I can make a list a mile long of things I "need." the minute I walk in the store, it's all out of my head and I have no clue what to buy.

Laura Mendoza said...

Paper creations is an awesome store, I could spend a lot up there.
I heard they had great prices Saturday. Glad your class went well!!!
See ya,
Laura