Tuesday, May 02, 2006

nothing to read here, move along

I had the worst night ever. Lately they have all been kinda sucky. I get no sleep. I thought this was supposed to end when we got through the newborn stage?!? The kids get up now for such stupid reasons. Here are some recent gems:

Mikayla:
"The doggies are ruffing at me."
"There are monsters in my eyes" [?]
"Sounds [said high-pitched and drawn out] are waking me up."

Brendan:
"I accidentally read scary stories today in reading time, and now I can't sleep" [these are the SAME scary stories, he was full-on bragging about reading earlier, Goosebumps, I think..?]

Jayden:
"I can't sleep." [this occurs every hour on the hour from his bed-time of 9, until about 2am. HELLO! Stop getting out of bed, coming into my room to tell me about it and maybe you will sleep?! I swear I am going to start giving him some of grandma's Ambien]

Shayne:
"I am thirsty." [this said passing four sources of water, not including toilets, to come tell me]

Shianne:
She doesn't "say" anything, she just wets the bed.

But last night takes the cake. I finally drift off to an exhausted dead-out sleep, and I wake up to the smell of Sam's fart. I can not even tell you how mad I was. And I can not begin to tell you how nauseatingly horrid the smell was. I kicked him. And all that resulted in was him shifting in the covers and releasing even more of the toxic fumes.

So I had to lay there with my eyes watering, and wait it out. It was too cold to get out of bed. I laid there hating him, and feeling sorry for myself cause all I want is sleep, and I never get sleep.

But I wrote a haiku while I was lying there hating my life:

I just want some sleep
but my nose is a traitor
I need a new job

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Just remember that "This too shall pass... along with your hubby's gas!:)

Anonymous said...

killer haiku. I so totally get the night time deal. It seems to come & go in waves over here... sometimes i think i'll never get them all to stay in bed so that i can sit down & think. Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Not laughing at you just the situation, I feel for ya.

SageHen said...

LOL ~ recently I lost my sense of smell. While I miss the smell of roses, I can sleep better at night and clean up barf without puking myself.
The dentist advised me to check with a doctor to see what the problem was. I'm not sure I want to be cured.

Anonymous said...

Shaunte,
You know I can't smell anything, don't you? The lack of nostril operation is a blessing for me, because I think all married women will agree - flatulence and penis' go hand in hand.

KD

P.S. You should take the Ambien, and have Mr. "sleeps with no bodily control" deal with the eye monster fearing, thirsty, urinating, bed-escaping, scary story reading darlings.

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!