Wednesday, June 04, 2008

((banging my head on my keyboard))

Costco photo lab, online.

I uploaded photos. (extremely, painfully, sloooooow)
NOW I CAN'T GET BACK IN TO PLACE AN ORDER.

I have been watching the spinny loading thingie for two hours now.
Then it crashes. So I try again.
Like an idiot.

Apparently there are a few more bugs to be worked out in their new system.

Funny how you take things for granted.
Like being able to upload photos, choose a size, crop if needed, do some basic editing...and pick the prints up in an hour.

I do remember the days of film.
Shoot a roll.
Take it to the store.
Wait a couple of days (I was too cheap to pay one hour prices)
Pick up prints.
See if you even *got* the shot you wanted, if not repeat with another roll of film.

If you actually *got* the shot, you then take the negative back into the photo store, and wait a few more days for your 5x7 to be processed so you could scrap it.

Good times, good times.

I am trying to be grateful, and maybe karma will let my photos load this time, while I am being so grateful.

Grateful, grateful, grateful....lalalalala!

(cautiously checks the other window)

"page cannot be displayed"

Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

4 comments:

laura vegas said...

i feel your pain shaunte ... really, i do! i havn't used costco since back in my film days. i was reading something last night about their great prices and went on their site to go check it out ... then saw that it was down for the upgrading. i was thinking "ahh, shaunte did warn me"! lol! hope you get everything working. maybe it's time to start printing at home!

Lora3677 said...

i feel your pain... i can truly relate...

Sharyn said...

you sound a little, uh, uptight - yes?

oregongreg said...

I just got off the phone with a fellow at costco support. he says his life is hell. people calling to complain.
he says costco won't give him an eta on when the migration is done/sucessful