Thursday, June 19, 2008

Five Random Things

(1-) We are getting new carpet. They are supposed to be laying it...well, today, actually. It is 1:30 in the morning, and we are all up. What are we doing, you ask? Oh, you know--MOVING EVERY STICK OF FURNITURE IN ALL THE BEDROOMS. Plus pulling up the old carpet, and hand picking all the old carpet tacks. My knuckles are all scraped to bits.
This will be worth it, right?

(2-) I actually got some scrap work done today.
9 layouts
2 cards
1 altered clipboard
9 chalked shapes** which leads me to...

(3-)I got put on the payroll for QuicKutz. I am the new chalk the new shapes to look pretty on the packaging lady. I get PAID to chalk die cuts.
It's pretty rough, I know. Heh.

It's harder than it looks. Mostly cause I am a messy scrapper, and I have to chalk the dies, and assemble them onto a pristine white sheet of paper. Everything has to stay very clean. <----hard for me.

So yesterday, I got some new shapes that have to be done by today. Sam took the boys with him, and I anticipated settling in for an evening of 80's tunes and some therapeutic chalking. Well, wouldn't you know it, my die cut machine broke. The gears stripped. I couldn't run the farking dies through it.

So I had to work on something else, and make a morning run to QuicKutz to get a loaner.

I finished the dies.
They will go back today.

(4-) Jayden had his broken arm in this sling thingie. Well, it came unwrapped during the night, and he was vegging on the couch, and re-wrapping it. He needed to get up to change the channel...and where was the remote, I am just now wondering?...anyway, he gets up to change the channel, and falls on his stupid broken arm. I had to take him into the pediatrician to get it checked, and they cast him in a hard cast.

He thought that gave him free reign to skate again.

If he breaks his other arm, I am NOT going to help him with his sanitary needs.

(5-) I am really tired. And I bet the carpet layers come at the crack of dawn.

3 comments:

Mag Family said...

New carpet is always fun. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully your carpet guy will not poo in your toilet and clog it.

laura vegas said...

you seriously impress me with all you get done for your deadlines. i'm so slow at this stuff sometimes! and huge congrats on the QK gig ... the "chalking lady" ... that is so cool! i will tell all my friends now that "i know they lady that chalked that die there, you know"! lol! no, seriously ... i will!

good luck with the carpet!

All8 said...

Good luck. The guy that laid our carpet did a crappy job. I wish that I could horse whip him with my Dyson cord. Grrrrrr..........