Friday, June 27, 2008

I am not at the Rodeo.

Guess who scrapped just for the freaking FUN of it last night? Me!
Sam took most of the kids to the annual Rodeo, and I stayed home to do what I wanted to do.

This started a couple of years ago.
Sam's family has the tradition to go every year to the Lehi Round-up Rodeo. So I went with them. Every year, like a good sport. I don't like rodeos. Not the smell, not the animals, not the freaky clowns, nothing. But I went.
My father in law thinks I am nuts.
"How can you NOT like a Rodeo? It is an Art form!" he said.
"Yeah, well, so is Jazz, and I don't like that either." I said.
I can appreciate the Art of it.
I really can.
I just don't enjoy it.

And then, one year...
One of the twins was being really, really naughty at the beginning of the Rodeo.
So I volunteered to walk home with the baby.
We don't live far from the rodeo grounds, so it was no big deal. But, as I was walking I got that overwhelming feeling of RELIEF! Like I just escaped prison! I was giddy! I had two whole hours to MYSELF!
And that was the moment I realized how much I hated going to the rodeo.
And that was the last year I went.
I would rather spend a couple of hours doing something for me.
For my pleasure and entertainment.
A movie?
A book?
Scrapping NOT for a deadline?
All three?
The possibilities on Rodeo night are endless....
Anyway, here is a couple of the layouts I did.

Cardstock: Prism
Patterned paper: Lil Davis Design, Fiskars (how cute is the punched out airplane border? LOVE!)
Chipboard letters: Lil Davis Design, Fiskars
Chipboard Nameplates, hearts, tag: Heidi Grace printed Add-Ons punchboard, Fiskars
Glitter, pearl brads- Karen Foster Design
Arrow border die: QuicKutz
Font: Harting

What you can't see on this layout, is that the paper is pearly and iridescent. And that big flower? Glitter! I am telling you, it would bring out your inner-squirrel to see this one in real life. Scrumptious.
Patterned paper: Heidi Grace designs, Fiskars
Cardstock: Prism
Border Die: QuicKutz
Glitter Flower: Lil Davis Design, Fiskars
3-D Flower stickers: Heidi Grace Design, Fiskars
Rhinestone brads: Karen Foster Design
"Beautiful" stickers: Heidi Grace Designs, Fiskars; "Hello" die cut letter: QuicKutz neat freak
Felt Border ribbon: Lil Davis Design, Fiskars (cut down as photo corners also)


So that is what I did instead of donning ill-fitting wranglers to watch helpless animals get flipped over and tangled up in rope along with the rest of the town.

6 comments:

Lora3677 said...

i can understand that... i am seriously contemplating skipping the plane show on sunday to stay home by myself to do whatever I want... seriously considering it...

Wendy Lojik said...

Very cute new cut. Love the projects and I AM GOING TO THE RODEO ALL THE WAY BABY! I will enjoy it enough for both of us. Yahoo!

laura vegas said...

sometimes it's good for us to just NOT do the things we don't like doing ... and do whatever the heck we WANT to do. lol! and scrapping for the fun of it ... novel idea! i really love that first layout ... it's perfect! not that i don't like the second one, because i do ... but i really like the first one. lol!

Kristin said...

love your layouts!
btw - SF has a huge rodeo but i won't go because the clowns make me physically sick ... even if they do stand a chance of getting a horn speared up their behinds, i hate them!

Sara said...

LOVE your LO's!! I'd stay home over the rodeo too! You need your "own time"!

Jen Gallacher said...

So are you so sick of trade show work? I'm about there. Lovin' the hair, girlie. You're just gorgeous no matter what you do. I NEED a chance so bad, but I have no idea what to do. ARG!! Too chicken too, I suppose. We NEED to get together. I love your sense of humor and loved cropping with you at ST. :)